Sunday, November 15, 2009

It is Finished!


It's amazing to me how something that starts out rather "run of the mill" ends up being something that you treasure. The Christmas stockings that hang over my fireplace began as three clearance kits I found at Thomas Mall (there is no more Thomas Mall now!) When Morgan, Katelyn, and Nathan joined our family, I made up my own pattern to match...and swore that was it! Then, Michael joined our family, and I just couldn't hang something different...he might not feel part of us!

So, Cameo, Danyel, Adam, Grace, and now...Joshua have stockings neatly hung over the fireplace. (Charles has his own special white satin one, perfect for the sweet angel he is!) It is a labor, but one of love. And, as I said, they have become so important to me that, if there were a fire, I would grab my hard drive, my important papers book, photo albums, and those Christmas stockings! And, come January 1st, just in case, mind you, another stocking will be started for the next one to enter our family.

1 comment:

The Willeyes said...

Awesome! You are so amazing and talented :)