Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pouting

I haven't written in a few days. I wasn't gonna write today. Nothin' to say about my life that would edify anyone else's life. Someone I love said something that made me just plain out of sorts. Anger does not enter. This was just an indication of a preference this person had. No big deal to most all of you. I guess it may have just come at the wrong time. No one seems to realize that I do plan things. No one sees that I care about things...and those things are obviously different from their priorities. Two mornings ago, I was grouched at from 4 am on. "Grrrrrroooooowwwwwlll" I leave my exercising to find someone was cold, was missing their blanket, was sure someone had taken it, till I very kindly pointed out it was UNDER their knees! Now, I assure you, I was sweet as sugar and got it out from under the knees, opened it up and dearly covered that cold person. That began a day...and now three days of things that I did or did not do that proved to be an irritation to someone here: waffles for dinner...could me not have them any more-too sweet (an interesting concern, for I had painstakingly made them no sugar, total whole wheat flour and buttermilk I had gotten on clearance last week, and I brushed the griddle with olive oil rather than that awful spray stuff...and they came before the ingestion of 6 snickers, chips, salsa, javalina ribs...and the fact that I keep a menu calendar, and we haven't had waffles for 3 months...and the waffles weren't the only dinner item...we had fresh scrambled eggs and chorizo, so there were other options) Now, I am saying that my feelings are truly MY fault, not the fault of the victim of my trying to save money because we have to live on half a paycheck for the next two weeks. I have found that, as hard as I have tried, I apparantly do not take responsibility for, nor admit to, the things I do wrong...and haven't for 30 years...I guess my efforts have been terribly insufficient in this area, though I have, as of late, taken responsibility for chickens not laying eggs, drawers not being able to open cuz I was painting our room and it wasn't dry so I didn't move the junk back to it's original location, loss of a title I didn't touch, the solar water heater not heating...on and on. This little insignificant request has set off a tsunami of irritation, dark chocolate ingestion (they are only chocolate chips...and I have given up the candy corn...and I try to suck on them, one at a time...unless I am just losing it), talking to myself (which should be nice...as of yesterday, my house is mine all day...no one to mess my clean up!). I have been questioned as to the location of someone's plaid shirt, phone chargers, I have tied a knot incorrectly when someone was hoisting a door so they could paint it...in the rain. I have listened to someone and someone else being totally irritated at the mess the other left (I truly find it interesting that when one makes a mess themselves, that is not a mess, but if someone else does the same thing-but in another color, or with a different tool, that IS a mess!)Those who are in training might be critiquing everything I do, or don't make or cook. I am now afraid to bake anything! No wonder I am just plain pouting about everything...where we go, when we go, who is and is not going. What time. Why go to a parent meeting tonight...heck, I don't know anything except the team mom sent me an email. I don't remind at the right time. I didn't wake them up enough times. I woke them up when I went out to run. Chores not done. Doing too many chores and cleaning up dinner when I should be outside freezing while a kind person (this person truly is very kind!!!) is building something that will be such fun for our family.

So, for now, this non writing effort, I am pouting. Hopefully, I can grow up. Now, again, I am ADMITTING that I am in the wrong. I should be grateful for things being built, for lovely rain (that actually has let up every morning right when I need to run!), for my green paint that my mother in law gave me money for Christmas so that I could buy it...my room is beginning to make me as happy as my living room does (two happy places...Imagine that!)For texting...can't understand a thing on the phone and so I love to text Adam...can't wait till Grace and Joshua can spell!!! So, watch out. I am still pouting...

4 comments:

Danyel said...

Mom you have every reason to pout. I get irritated when I get the house clean and come home to find the kitchen a mess and could someone be away from the TV long enough to pick up the mess. I found the cord to my computer and worked on putting names into it and someone got mad that I was not sitting on the couch all by myself while he watched TV. Sometimes I wonder if I should just pound my head against a wall.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! Grouchies are no fun. I hope things get better soon!

Xazmin said...

Booo...I hope your week brightens up soon!

Jody said...

You have to wonder why when everyone else became perfect that we were somehow passed up.

Hell I would like to be perfect like everyone else. UGH