Monday, January 24, 2011

Someone Is Cheering ... For Me?

"...I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us—insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn’t measure our talents or our looks; He doesn’t measure our professions or our possessions. He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other. I know that if we will be faithful, there is a perfectly tailored robe of righteousness ready and waiting for everyone, “robes … made … white in the blood of the Lamb.” May we encourage each other in our effort to win that prize."

I read this, after fighting "Mr. Sucky" the pool cleaning thing, the pool filter that won't turn back on so I can brush the pool, packing up Kayty's "necessities to life" that she has not seen or touched for three years or more (the sweetheart is leaving for college this summer, her room belongs on the next episode of "Hoarders" and I really don't think she knows HOW to get rid of anything, so I am "assisting")doing loads of laundry (how is it that two guys, after wearing one...I repeat one...outfit during a two day camping event come home with more laundry than a platoon of soldiers can wear in a week???), hiking (why do I gripe about going...I always just LOVE everything when I am coming off that mountain!), and trying to figure out what to make for dinner out of this venison that pleases Mr. Low Carb AND Mr. No Fat...

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Isn't it wonderful to know that we all have Someone cheering for us??? Thank you, dear Elder Jeffery R. Holland, for reminding me of that! (Here is the article)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love Jeffery R Holland! That man is amazing!

Thanks for this beautiful post! I needed this today. I need to be reminded that someone is cheering for me!

You can tell how much you love your kids. I bet it is hard to watch them leave the nest!

Military Spouse House said...

Thanks for the follow! I am now following you back. You have a beautiful family! I love the slideshow at the top of your page! I look forward to sitting down and reading more your past posts. Love your blog!

-Jordan