Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June First: A New Month and A New Plan

Memorial Day Weekend blog entries: full of barbecues and family parties. Our weekend was not so much that picture. First, hey, it's Arizona...and yesterday it hit 100 degrees. Now, it really isn't so bad here, once you get used to it. In fact, come October, when the temps are dropping, we will actually say that 90 degrees is cool! However, it's really not that much fun to do ANYTHING in the sun. The pool...I actually got in...is up to 85 degrees, so I could stay in a bit without moving constantly. Second...hubby works on Saturday Night...a job he loves: dj for Saturday Night church dances for the youth, but that means, we don't go anywhere far on Saturday, so he can be ready, be rested and play a good dance. Now, mind you, I did have a WONDERFUL lunch yesterday with Ethan and Cameo-for my mothers day gift...so fun!!! But, I did find myself sitting around Saturday, pouting about the crummy yard sales that morning (Dee gave me 20 bucks to spend on my own for Mother's Day...and I swear it's cursed...I have not found ANYTHING worth purchasing since I got that 20 bucks!), and that there was just NOTHING to do. I did laundry, I cleaned...then, I looked on my desk...I could have caught up Nate's photo album...I could have traced some Christmas ornaments...I could have done some pages in the family scrapbook...I could have started embroidering that stocking IN CASE ANOTHER GRANDBABY EVER DECIDES TO COME TO EARTH TO ETHAN AND CAMEO OR DORAN AND DANYEL-not that I'm hinting or anything...I just want to be ready, just in case!. So...
Goal for June 1st...take paper, write down various things that need to be done, like "Scrap One Folder for Family Scrapbook" or "Cut out 10 ornaments", put these in a jar, and then, when I have another "Pouting Pity Party" there will be a solution...instead of food!
Oh, by the way, I did take and catch up Nathan's AND Kayty's photo albums yesterday...Only Morgan left to do! Hooray for me!

2 comments:

Chantel said...

I think we all have those days. I had that yesterday. I wanted to do something fun but nothing worked out so I pouted :) That's just us women I guess :) Sounds like you're still very productive!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Lists always do wonders for making me feel better, even if i don't accomplish more than two things on them:)