Sunday, July 7, 2019

Week of June 30 - July 6, 2019

Highlights:

Spiritual
We had a good Sunday. We arrived early for a brief choir rehearsal. Sacrament Meeting included some great speakers, as well as the song the choir sang. For a Fifth Sunday Combined lesson, we were given great counsel by a member of our ward who has been in the financial industry for many years on avoiding fraud, fraudulent and get rich quick schemes, about risk and return, and about the wise use of money. This counsel was initially sent from The First Presidency of the Church to be given in every ward in the church worldwide by this time. It was a good opportunity for us to look at our savings, and to remind us about avoiding debt and using our money wisely.

I went to choir practice on Sunday afternoon.

I performed initiatory ordinances on Tuesday morning at the temple. Dad did temple work on Wednesday evening and Friday evening.

My ministering sisters came to visit on Tuesday. One sister had gone to the Rome Temple Open House and brought me a lovely necklace with the Michaelangelo image that is on the rug at the recommend desk. Such a kind thing!

We substituted as Stake Baptism Coordinators on Saturday and enjoyed the baptism of two eight-year-olds from our stake. I only had three baptism suits to launder so it was not a ton of work.

I continue reading the Book of Mormon daily. I completed reading the July Ensign Magazine. I am truly learning so much as I listen to a General Conference talk every day too. I am on my third time through and I learn more each time I listen.

I have indexed 13,644 records and reviewed 29,190 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
On Sunday evening, this family attended a Patriotic Fireside at church. Adam was one of the speakers. I cannot even imagine anyone better than this amazing grandson who loves his country so much. When I texted back and forth with Grace, she said he did such a wonderful job. Sadly, Sam came home sick from the event after eating cherry pie. He finally felt better on Tuesday. Allison's job at the temple will be on hold for a month as they shut down for more than cleaning.

The Ethan Rice Family
Some more pictures from this family's Tennessee adventure...








Ethan, Cameo, and family headed out Wednesday night to camp at Indian Springs State Park. They drove back on Thursday night for their own neighborhood fireworks show, and then returned for the weekend of camping. 

The Doran Rice Family
With the final things out and a replacement of a leaky water heater, this family left their old home for their temporary trailer home and then in a few months a brand new house.

Doran called to wish me a Happy Birthday on Thursday morning as they headed to Show Low for the weekend.




Morgan
Morgan and Aimee truly have green thumbs. Here are their sunflowers




Kayty
Kayty had a good week. She spent lots of time playing Wizards Unite. She didn't have to work Thursday or Friday so she got a lot of walking/driving in.

The Nathan Rice Family
We visited Nathan and Jessica on Sunday evening. We had a good visit and were able to see all the progress made in their house and yard. They came by Wednesday night, and we all drove down to Hurricane Harbor/Wet n Wild/Waterworld, parked on the street and watched a nice fireworks show, in weather under 100 degrees! On Thursday, they headed to Prescott for a fun Fourth of July at Lynx Lake. The rest of their weekend was spent catching up on things at home and being with lots of family. Emma celebrated one month on the earth on Saturday. The big girls played here for an hour or so on Saturday night and we had a good time. 

Dad's Garden
Dad did a lot of working getting his beehives ready for bees. He seems to be enjoying it so that is good, especially with work being not so good. His palm trees that we transplanted are struggling in the heat but he faithfully waters daily. 

Christmas In July
On July 1st, the first day of Christmas in July, I got my work table set up, my ornament instructions ready, and all 40 wood hearts sealed. Base painting was completed on Tuesday and then retracing started on Wednesday. I also watched "Elf" while it was 111 outside. I really enjoyed it. I listen to Christmas music when Kayty will not catch me. I nearly completed one-third of my ornaments by Saturday night. 

Other highlights
My birthday hike was great! It's getting harder and harder...I have to make sure Kayty is all right for my being gone nearly an hour, plus figuring out the park opening is crazy, and since I don't' get to hike as much, I don't like to hike without plenty of people there. The weather was a cool 74 and I made it to the top and down without incident.

 Doran and Amber called me early as they left for their getaway. Ethan, Cameo, Kaylee and I texted back and forth from their campground.

The day was typical: laundry, vacuuming, cooking, cleaning. Kayty greeted me with a Happy Birthday when she woke up. I enjoyed FaceTime calls and "Happy Birthday to You" singing from Ethan, Cameo, Kaylee, Wade, Morgan, Aimee, and Emileigh (also the early part of their fireworks show) and later another round of singing from Nathan, Jessica, Anna and Ellie (Emma wasn't in a singing mood). Text birthday wishes came from my ministering sisters and Wade and Liz Wallin.

I got a new can of paint at Home Depot (planning on painting the playroom the same Taupe that the bathrooms are, and then getting carpet for the floor. 

We enjoyed President Trump's speech honoring the military and later we sat and enjoyed Macy's Fourth of July Spectacular on tv. (singing not so spectacular but the fireworks were absolutely amazing!

Kayty and I took time Friday to head to Hobby Lobby. I was in heaven!!! Fall has arrived there and I just adore Fall!!!

No comments: