Saturday, July 8, 2023

Week of July 2 - July 8, 2023

Spiritual
We enjoyed another wonderful Sunday at church. Our fast and testimony meeting was full of testimonies of love of God and Country. Our bishop shared a story of his grandfather's military service in World War 2 and many others shared their experiences. 

Dad was able to attend the temple on Friday evening. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. I completed my sixth time through General Conference and began again. I also completed the Book of Mormon and began again. 

I have indexed 11,248 records and reviewed 17,189 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
School has started again for Allison, or I should say Masters Degree school. She is taking a math class and seems to be enjoying it. In a couple of weeks, she will take another Spaulding course and then her teaching begins again. Mike is doing well and continues to look for more full-time work. Adam got a job at a theater and is looking forward to working in the cool. Grace has been busy working on planning fun things for Girl's Camp. Joshua plays video games with friends and works in the yard for Jack Taco pay. Sam is as happy as even and shared a lovely pic of the moon rising as he walked with Mom and Grace. 

The Ethan Rice Family
Ethan, Cameo, Kaylee and Wade so enjoyed watching fireworks on their boat. They were assisted in getting to a good spot by some very kind people and they even shared their yummy shrimp, brats, steak with them. The fireworks show was spectacular and they enjoyed their boating weekend. They called me from their pool in the backyard to wish me a Happy Birthday. 

The Doran Rice Family
Doran and Amber have had a good week. After they visited on my birthday, the had a ward chili cookoff and dinner to attend. Amber will be working in Vegas the next couple of weeks. The kids are doing well and enjoying their summer. 

Morgan
Due to an unexpected death of a friend, Morgan and Cassie will be leaving cool Flagstaff to come to Phoenix and move in with the widow and her kids to help with rent. 

Kayty
Kayty had a good week at work. 

One major and one minor save. She is making some dosage timing changes. We are hoping this improves her situation. She went into seizure so fast this week that I didn't catch the signs of low, and I check her every ten minutes. She ended up on her bedroom floor and I got her on my lap to give her the soda she needed. She banged her head pretty good in the fall but is healing quickly. 

The Nathan Rice Family
The girls shared birthday greetings and an adorable gnome and pumpkins birthday gift. They had a very awesome campout and loved swimming and watching fireworks with their friends. They are very happy in their new community!!

Dad's Garden
Dad repaired the raised bed garden covers this week. We continue to harvest basil. The oregano is surviving the hot summer. 

 
Other highlights
Dad is getting so much done in the yard before work each day. He has finally gotten the mustard algae out of our pool, reconstructed the raised bed garden cover, repaired the lawnmower, blown porches and all the yard leaves, plus hiking. He still needs to repair a bike tire.

My birthday was wonderful as always. Dad took me to Hobby Lobby to see the Fall decorations, which I totally loved. I received Marco Polos from Allison, Grace, Josh and Sam, plus a bonus Marco Polo with Josh and Grace singing Happy Birthday to me. I Facetimed with Ethan, Cameo and the kids, and Anna, Ellie, Emma, and Eve,  plus got early texts on my birthday from Ethan, Cameo and Kaylee, got a birthday visit and gift from Doran, Amber, Kelsie and Kooper, and received texts from Morgan and from Jessica. I also received texts from Scott, Sharynn, friends Alice, Yvonne, Marena, and our neighbors vacationing in Rome, and a call from Mom and Elizabeth, her caregiver. It was hot outside but our a/c made it great. Kayty shared a few fireworks she purchased in the front yard before we headed to bed. 

Christmas In July
Christmas In July began this week. I am working on completing stockings since many will have to be mailed this year. I got my work table all paper covered, selected paint, sealed all ornaments with gesso and am working on tracing all the designs on. We watched the movie Elf on Saturday. 

No comments: