Saturday, January 6, 2024

Week of January 1 - January 6, 2024

Spiritual
We enjoyed a wonderful Sunday Meeting, the final one of 2023, with three youth speakers and a returning Sister Missionary. It was also the final Sunday with my little primary class and it ends up the wonderful sister I teach with is being moved to the nursery. So sad. She was the best partner I have ever had. I won't find out about the new partner till next Sunday.Our primary had a Meet The Teacher Brunch so I got to get together with my new class: some from last year and some new from the nursery.

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 104 records and reviewed 104 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
No news from the Wilkins this week. Back to school and work for everyone. 

The Ethan Rice Family
This was the second and final week of winter break for Kaylee and Wade. They spent time doing fun things at home and enjoying their pets. 

The Doran Rice Family
Good work week for Doran and Amber. Kelsie interviewed for a new job. Kooper came over on Friday and had a good day. 

Morgan
Morgan is doing well. Lots of work hours and lots to do. 

Kayty
Kayty had a good week back to work.

The Nathan Rice Family
I talked to Annie for a bit this week via text. The family is doing well and enjoying their Christmas gifts. 

Dad's Garden
Dad harvested radishes, carrots, oregano, basil and a few snow peas that the birds didnt get. 
 
Other highlights
New Year's Day was back to regular duties. Christmas was all put away and I did my typical chores. We had eaten some homemade guacamole on Sunday and there were leftovers for my Monday salad. 

My blog book was actually printed in this country for a reasonable price this year! I just tried it out and it worked! It was a smaller-sized one, since there weren't many things to photograph, but still it got done. Much better than last year's $200 dutch model. 

Dad and Kayty attended the Flagg Mineral Show in Mesa today. They had a fun time and saw lots of reasonable specimens. 

Memories...
Thoughts about New Year's Day from my childhood. I never really liked New Year's Day. It was the day we took down all the Christmas decorations. We would eat ham for dinner and I hated ham!! Dad was not a sports guy but on New Years, football games would always be on tv. 

No comments: