Saturday, June 30, 2018

Week of June 24-30, 2018

Highlights:

Spiritual
Sunday was good and we were blessed with great talks and lessons. I was able to use one of the talks for my letter to my inmate sister, Jessica. If you have never done it, as I had not, read the First Presidency Preface in the hymnbook. Choir was cancelled due to the director having septic tank troubles. Dad read and studied on Sunday.

Dad attended the temple on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. I attended Friday morning.

My cubs had pack meeting on Tuesday this week, and on Wednesday, I volunteered to help the young women sew pillows with book pockets for a school district. Dad's scouts swam Wednesday night, so he went to the temple.

I am in Ether 9 in the Book of Mormon. I continue to listen to a General Conference talk daily and am ready to begin the third time through Priesthood Session. I began reading the July Ensign magazine this week.

I have indexed 12076 records and reviewed 20723  records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins family is working hard and playing hard. They went to swim on Friday and had a great time!

The Ethan Rice Family
Ethan, Cameo and the kids had a fun weekend just staying hear home.
 They saw Incredibles 2


Had a great meal!

And went to a local trampoline/bounce house location

Wadey is now wearing pull ups and going on the potty! He wants so badly to be a grown up. Kaylee and I had fun FaceTime on Friday. We even played a little hide and seek. She loves Ruger so much, and helped him feel a bit prettier this week.
Wadey also helped with Kaylees manicure...


The Doran Rice Family
This family is doing well and trying to endure the Summer heat. Doran was exhausted after working lots of overtime including Saturday, but the ended the week with a trip to Costco.

Morgan
Morgan is still enjoying his job and doing well.

Kayty
Kayty is doing well. She had a frustrating work week due to computer issues, but things were cleared up a bit by Friday. She bleached her hair Saturday in prep for our trip to LA in a couple of weeks for Harry Styles. I did find out that the Los Angeles Temple is nearby so Dad and I may get to go there.

One near save this week. 

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan and Jessica, Anna and Ellie are doing well. Ellie is trying to walk but is not giving in just yet. Nathan and Jessica both are busy with school and projects. Fishing gives them a bit of relaxation. Their garden is good and the weather is wonderful. I saw a temp up there Monday and was sure it was the same for us during Winter. Nathan has to complete a "group" project this week, though the other members of the group are too busy and he plans on completing it on his own. Frustrating. He said that he wants everyone who has every worked with him on "group" projects to be his pall bearers when he dies. (At least they will do something that helps him then!)

Dad's Garden
We pick up key limes every other day and dad squeezes them into bottles of juice. I have begun cutting up the old tomato vines and shoving them in the trash. Grapes are still hanging in there with the heat but as green as ever! I taste one every week...yuck!

Other highlights
I picked up 40 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast on Monday afternoon. I was thankful I got the order, since that morning, Zaycon Foods took down their websight. I have always had good chicken, and this was no exception. Dad cut it up, and I ground up most of it, packaged it into one pound portions, and put in the freezer. On Tuesday, I made meatballs to freeze as well. So sorry this company appears to be having problems.

Tuesday was the 28th anniversary of the 122 degree day in Phoenix. I remember...barely pregnant with Kayty...piled all the kids into our blue Ford Granada with no a/c, and drove on the freeway down to On Stage Dance Academy at 35th Ave and Dunlap for Allison's dancing lesson. We were melted by the time we arrived, and it didn't help that the a/c in the studio went out at nearly the end of her lesson. We all did survive though. It always feels like an accomplishment when we can get to this point in the year and have survived. 

Dad worked in the yard and raked and hauled a ton of mesquite beans this week. I got some of the tomato plants pulled out.

I went to Trader Joes to get dad Pumpkin seeds this week, and so I just had to walk through Hobby Lobby. Look what I found...


I had heard rumors, but wasn't quite sure. My heaven!!! My happy place!!
Not so highlights
We lost another hen this week. She just died. We have four hens left, though one may be crazy since she insists on sitting in the hot hen box on eggs that will never hatch. Crazy

No comments: