Saturday, June 15, 2019

Week of June 9 - 16, 2019

Highlights:

Spiritual
Church was full of talks about missionary work by three youth and one parent that had once served a full-time mission herself. It was interesting to hear from differing perspectives and hear stories from a brother serving a mission as well as a brother preparing to serve. We went over the talk given by Russell M. Nelson in General Conference Priesthood session, sharing how we can be better and about daily repentance. Dad's lesson in Deacon's Quorum went well.

I attended a session at the temple on Tuesday morning. Dad did work at the temple on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

My cub scouts met and we completed everything the boys from my ward need for their Wolf Badge, except for the Cyber Chip, which has to be completed at home with parents. Dad attended the temple sad with the young men early Saturday morning to perform baptismal ordinances.

I continue to listen to a General Conference talk daily (on my third time through listening) and reading in the Book of Mormon.

I have indexed 12001 records and reviewed 25009 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Happy Birthday on Sunday to Adam! Allison shared this about him:
"He is super smart, loves America, plays the piano beautifully, funny and quick-witted, a hard worker, a problems solver (whether it's changing a tire or fixing a computer), a fun brother and shoe-obsessed. 16 years ago today he made me a mom, and I am so thankful and blessed for that.
He opted for milkshakes in lieu of cake, and they were so stinkin' easy that it just gave me another reason to love him. 😀
Happy Birthday, Adam! We sure love you."

I texted Grace during the week, but didn't hear back, so the week must have been full of fun and activities. 

The Ethan Rice Family

This family found a favorite restaurant from Phoenix out in Macon.

Kaylee has top front teeth that are loose. She is waiting for them to fall out and the tooth fairy to visit.

The Doran Rice Family
Pink Eye and the flu have plagued this family during the past few weeks. Kooper had a fun dental appointment on Friday.


Morgan
Morgan, Aimee and Emileigh had a busy week. They spent Friday evening doing yard work and had a wonderful late pizza dinner. Saturday included a morning hike.

Kayty
Kayty had a good week at work. 

The Nathan Rice Family
Anna enjoyed her dancing class on Tuesday, and we saw the family for a bit that evening. The girls came down with fevers, so Jessica and Emma moved in with Jessica's parents, and Nathan was on recovery duty with the girls. All were well by Friday and I got to visit, hold a more stretched out Emma (she has realized she has more space than she used to - but still have yet to see her eyes!), help Nathan pick up his father's day gift: a used smoker, and then they came for some wood later. He took Dad out to lunch for Father's Day on Saturday at this favorite, New Asian Kitchen, while the older girls stayed here to play and eat lunch. 

Dad's Garden
The last few tomatoes are picked. Dad and I covered the gazebo up with shade cloth and dad planted a few new cherry tomato plants. 

Other highlights
I cleaned our closet, laundered bedsheets, and worked on cleaning up Dad's office, along with getting my regular work schedule established.

For Nano, I spent time going to Staples and printing up all her legal documents. I will have a copy and give a copy each to Sharynn and Scott. I spoke with both on the phone during the week. I am so glad I have their help through this!



No comments: