Sunday, June 2, 2019

Week of May 26 - June 1, 2019

Highlights:

Spiritual
We had a lovely Sunday, with great church meetings, nice study time to go over the New Testament for our Come Follow Me lesson for the week, and I got some reading done in the June Ensign Magazine while Dad read in the Inspired Version of the Bible.

Dad did some temple work Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I attended a session Thursday morning and both of us did sealing ordinances on that night.

I continue reading the Book of Mormon daily and the Ensign magazine when I can stay awake. I am also listening to a General Conference Talk each day.

I have indexed 10988 records and reviewed 22390 records so far this year.


Family

The Wilkins Family
What a fantastic first week of Summer for this family! Happy 18 Anniversary to Allison and Mike and the Wilkins family on Sunday

and Happy Birthday to Mike on Friday!!
The week included visits with friends and water fun. Josh made boats from sponges at cub scouts.
The Ethan Rice Family
Ethan and Cameo, Kaylee and Ninja Wade (he added a marker orange mask to his face and proclaimed himself a Ninja) are doing well. The weather is humid, but there isn't much rain, so Ethan may need to add a sprinkler system to the front yard. Their porch garden is producing great lettuce and mild but tasty jalapenos. 

On Saturday, they attended a Home Depot Kids Workshop on Saturday and created some wonderful things.






Ethan taught Kaylee some golfing...

What a sweet moment!

The Doran Rice Family
House went on the market and they accepted a cash offer eight days later! Now onto getting their new home under construction.

Morgan
Morgan, Aimee, and Emileigh went strawberry picking last week.



The flowers at their new house are doing well.

On Saturday, they took a trip to Southern Georgia.


Kayty
Kayry woke us up in the middle of the night. This is why:
"So Lily Rey my cat just brought me what I thought was a fake mouse (that are her toys) it was a weird color...I looked closer then it ran around my room and lily chased then she left me with the mouse somewhere in my room...time to go on a mouse hunt!!! Sadly in the middle of the night... "
It was a baby kangaroo rat...and Dad got it.

The rest of the week went well at work and she has been reading till late at night or rather early in the morning every night/morning.

Two saves: one minor, one major

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan, Jessica and the girls stopped by for a quick visit on Sunday. I went to their house to play with the girls while Jessica went to the doctor. They are busy getting things placed and put away, and preparing for the arrival soon of Caroline. 

Dad's Garden
I picked over a hundred tomatoes this week, and the total so far is 402. (I don't count cherry tomatoes). Lots of basil trimming made three batches of pesto, two for the freezer and one for memorial day pizza. Peppers in the buckets on the back porch are doing well. 

Other highlights
I took Nano to see a lawyer. All is good but the trip was long.

On a cool Saturday night, we watched fireworks from our front porch, thanks to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor.

Memorial Day. It was an unusual year this year: cool weather meant a lovely jog including a hoodie, outdoor work, clean up, porch eating, and freezing swimming.
























Not so highlights

No comments: