Sunday, November 10, 2019

Week of November 3 - 9, 2019

Highlights:

Spiritual
We enjoyed a very uplifting fast and testimony meeting at church. It was difficult to get a chair in Sunday school so we ended up going home and studying earlier than normal. I attended choir practice.

I did some Initiatory Work at the temple on Tuesday morning. Dad attended the temple with Kelsie and her ward youth and assisted in baptisms on Tuesday night. He ended up getting very ill during the evening and I ended up getting Kelsie home after ice cream. His illness lasted all week so no temple attendance for him.

I completed reading the October General Conference talks and continue to read the Book of Mormon daily. I also listen to at least one General Conference talk every morning.

I have indexed 20113 records and reviewed 55858 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins family is surviving as Mike seeks a new career and he and Allison work hard to keep the family afloat. Sam become ill this week and needed so extra loving.

Allison shared this on Friday:
"Almost 13 years ago, I sat in a car entertaining a little Adam and a baby Grace while Mike went on job interviews in Las Vegas because we felt like it was where Heavenly Father wanted us to be.

Today, I sat in our car entertaining a sick Sam while Mike was at a job interview because our other car is broken (of course) and I have got to pick up my other kiddos soon.

13 years ago, I was filled with worry and stress and fear. And this time I have peace. Because the last time this happened, it brought me to this city where I have met the greatest people and grew so much and laughed and cried and made the best memories. And I am so thankful.

Unemployment is stinking hard. But with these guys and Heavenly Father, it will be okay."

The Ethan Rice Family
This family had a good week. Kaylee spent some time making up her Christmas list from a catalog that arrived. Oh what memories when I was a kid and we would fight over the Sears Toy Catalog!


The Doran Rice Family
Doran and Amber spent the week walking through their new home to note any repairs needed...which were MANY. They also had to work out a ton of financing stuff which could have been done a long time ago. Oh those bankers!!!! Hopeful to move in next week. Kelsie enjoyed her time at the temple Tuesday and getting ice cream with friends in her ward.

Morgan
We saw Morgan as we spoke with Ethan on Wednesday evening. He is doing well. Wade has been putting him in "jail" a lot, but Morgan always escapes.

Kayty
Kayty had a good work week. Normally, one can pay a dollar and wear jeans on Monday or Friday. In November, she can pay $16 and get to wear jeans every day, plus December is jeans month. She is beyond excited.

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan, Jessica and family had a good week and took time for some camping and fishing on the weekend. 

Dad's Garden
He is now focused on catching and relocating rabbits, who eat everything including seedlings, plants, citrus leaves, and dates on the tree. 

Other highlights
On my Wednesday Trash Can Out Jog, there was thunder and lightning...and once I got home a little rain. Quite a very nice surprise!


Took Nano for lab work early Thursday morning. Dad had repaired her "traveling" walker so she was very happy about that. Sharynn was on the phone with me Friday, figuring out a better insurance situation for Nano next year. 

My Bulk Trash haul out:
Yes, all the wood from the playground tear down plus an ocotillo cactus, plus rakings from the front yard.

Not so highlights
Dad's stomach/intestinal virus lasted Tuesday night,  all of Wednesday and Thursday and most of Friday. 

No comments: