Saturday, February 13, 2021

Week of February 7 - 13, 2021

Highlights:

Spiritual
We had a good Sunday, as it always seems wonderful just to attend church. Only three testimonies today since they are allowing more time to scrub the seats between wards. The rest of our day was spent studying and talking to family.

Temples remain closed for work for the dead.

I continue my daily foundation of Conference Talk, Book of Mormon, and at least 20 minutes of Come Follow Me study.

I have indexed 2314 records and reviewed 17883 records so far this year. 

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins family enjoyed a fun Saturday! Grace spent the night with her dear friend and the rest of the family enjoyed a fun movie! A rare treat now!!




The Ethan Rice Family
We spoke with Ethan and Cameo via Facetime a couple of times this week. Ethan got a new Cricket machine (new to them) and already has produced the neatest t shirts for the kids. Kaylee returned to in person school...Wednesday and Thursday...and then is off on a break for two weeks. All are doing well and looking forward to visitors coming in the near future. Cameo received a beautiful Valentine gift from her employer.



The Doran Rice Family
Doran and Amber had a good week. Kooper spent his Friday evening with his karate group at a party and Kelsie spent the night with a friend. 

Morgan
Morgan took the canoe for a camping weekend trip since he and Cassie are off work. 

Kayty
Kayty had a good week. The overtime hours are winding down and she is enjoying a few days of weekend. 

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan and Jessica are good and had a busy week. Their main car got new airbags per recall, and it had to be emissions tested, which brought up other issues with it. His car remains under repair when Nathan gets time. They did enjoy time with family this week and found some great things in the neighborhood recycle piles. 

Dad's Garden
I picked a ton of snow peas, basil and oregano plus cabbage, lettuce, carrots, greens and spinach. Dads growing plants are doing well.


Family History
I now am moving to Dad's Military history. He served in a Peace Keeping force in Trieste Italy during the Korean Conflict. He never spoke much about it, but finding these pictures and letters of training and travel were very interesting. 

SORRY...I SPENT HOURS SCANNING LETTERS AND PHOTOS AND PUT ON MY DRIVE AND IT WON'T WORK TO UPLOAD THE PICS. 


Other highlights
I continue to work on my goals daily of piano practice and schooling. I completed my Constitution 101 course at Hillsdale College. I learned so much about what has happened to the Constitution. It explains a lot about how things work now, but is more distressing to see how we have moved little by little away from individual rights and limited government. I am now reading the Federalist Papers and other essays. 

Jogs were wonderful this week.

I baked three loaves of bread with dehydrated ground collard greens in it. I also made a batch of rolls. 

A sister in our ward and her daughter put on a lovely luncheon in her back yard Thursday for anyone who wanted to come. She had everything prepared so wonderfully. She taught us basic flower arranging and then we ate lunch. There were about fourteen of us there...and it was just the best to chat with the people I had not seen in so very long...almost a year for most! I was so thankful for the kindness of Jennifer Mortensen and April Hunt. I left with my soul filled to overflowing. 

Great week for yard work! Cool weather makes hauling trimmed branches so much better!


No comments: