Friday, December 31, 2021

Week of December 26-December 31, 2021

Highlights:

Spiritual
We enjoyed a wonderful Sacrament Meeting. A missionary returned from serving two years in Texas and reported on his experiences. 

Phoenix Temple remains closed for repairs. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I indexed 25,025 records and reviewed 114,021 records this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins family had a wonderful and busy week. On Sunday, they visited the Giving Machine in downtown Vegas, a wonderful blessing shared in various locations by the Church. 
They had an enjoyable week with hikes, walks and enjoying the blessings of Christmas provided by Mom, Dad and Santa. 

The Ethan Rice Family
Happy Birthday, Kaylee on Sunday!

Their week was full of work for Mom and Dad and enjoying Christmas toys for Kaylee and Wade. 

The Doran Rice Family
Busy workdays for both Doran and Amber and the kids are enjoying their Christmas haul. 

Morgan
Morgan is doing well and enjoyed a brief trip to the snow. 



Kayty
Kayty worked a lot of overtime on the four days she worked this week. She enjoyed finding after Christmas bargains after work. 

The Nathan Rice Family
Sweet little Eve was released from Phoenix Children's Hospital on Sunday and the family went home and snuggled together. Nathan and Jessica took Eve to a Lactation Center in Scottsdale on Wednesday to get her tongue released and the girls came here to play for a few hours. 








There were end of year eye doctor appointments, a trip to urgent care for Nathan and all the other usual things families have. 

Dad's Garden
Dad prepared his garden beds for some cold temperatures later in the week. We continue to get eggs daily and his pepper and snow pea plants are prolific!

Other highlights
I am enjoying the last few days of Christmas lights on my run.

I got a lot of Christmas taken down, but with rainy weather, I saw no need to take down the tree till the threat of rain is passed. (Though, I have waited two days now for a promised rain that has yet to materialize!)

Lots of thoughts run by at the end of the year. As I pack up things, I think of the next time I will see this wonderful stuff. No one knows what will happen. I could not have even imagined things in the world would deteriorate to such a level. I am totally for personal choice in regards to medical decisions. An individual should be free to choose his course of prevention and treatment for illness, not the government and not an employer. It is up to you what you do and I value that freedom to choose. I am not discouraged, but rather just thankful for the moments. We heard this morning that a family that used to be in our ward years ago is facing a terrible health problem. It is so easy to go from success and travel to desperately needing a miracle. We will fast with this family this Sunday as we pray for treatments and miracles. I spend my days in prayer for each and every family member for their health and their guidance in their choices. My family is my greatest blessing, and I am ever so grateful for Jesus Christ and His atonement that gives me the chance to be with them forever. 

No comments: