Saturday, May 14, 2022

Week of May 8-14, 2022

Spiritual
Church was....survived. Mother's Day Sacrament Meetings are either inspiring or guilt-ridden...and our meeting today focused on the latter. Talks of perfect moms ruled. And all sisters were to be in relief society for a brunch. The food looked nice but we were crammed into the rows and it was hard to talk to anyone. I managed to sneak out early and just sat in the car till Dad came out. 

We were able to get appointments to attend the temple this week, however since it took me nearly four hours to get Kayty's glucose under control, I was too sleepy to attend my session and I cancelled. Dad attended a session Thursday evening. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. Last week, I completed reading the third volume of Saints on my phone. I also completed my second time through General conference and began my third. 

I have indexed 21,252 records and reviewed 43,144 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Grace shared a wonderful Mothers Day message to Allison on Instagram Sunday.

Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom I could ever even imagine. I love bragging about my mom (if you can’t tell).
Mom, you are so so beautiful, inside and out. I’m so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to you. Words can’t even begin to describe how much I love you. You are my best friend in the entire world and I am just so so grateful for you! I love knowing I can come to you with anything, I love knowing that you are always open to give me hugs, I love how many inside jokes we have that to other people seem like we are simply insane (and we might be😂)
You are the literal superwoman. You do so much for everyone else and put us first. I don’t even know how you do it. If I tried to walk in your shoes for one day, I wouldn’t even make the first step. You are so so talented in everything you do. Thank you for pushing me to be the best person I can be. I love you SO SO SO SO much and if I am half as amazing a mom and wife as you are, my future husband and kids are going to be the luckiest ever.
YOU BETTER HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER OR ELSE… Love you so incredibly much @allisonkwilkins







Grace attended Mormon Prom with a friend and shared her pics. She looked so beautiful and had a wonderful time!!!









We Marco Polo-d a bit on Thursday evening and had a great visit.

The Ethan Rice Family
Cameo shared pics of their new home, still in its finishing stages. The flooring was put down this week. They hope to be moving in a few weeks. 






They had a good Mother's Day and a good week.


Kaylee lost her first molar! So exciting!!


The Doran Rice Family
Here are some pics from Koopers Rattlesnake Encounter last weekend.



Morgan
No news from Morgan this week.

Kayty
Kayty had a good work week but a rough diabetes week. One major save that took a long time to regulate and then watching her round the clock for the next three nights. She loves her new work hours and is adjusting to sharing a desk 

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan and Jessica and the girls continue their busy May. Their lawn is looking good and only one more week till they can play on it. Nathan continues long required overtime hours plus he had a yard sale here of all his surplus auction purchases. 

Dad's Garden
We got quite a few tomatoes before the quail got them. Dad had a caprese salad on Saturday. Still getting basil and oregano for meals. 

Family History
Slides from Nano Continue...and notice they are in no particular order. 
I took dancing lessons at Jeri Johnson's dance school. Here is the pic from our recital. Danced to "Squeaky the Mouse"


My class. I do remember my best friend, the tiny little lady right beside me. Her name is Wendy Anderson. 

My mother's shameless pics of my chicken pox, which came right before my dance recital. 



Easter: Scott and I...and I do remember him picking up this baby duck by his neck!






 
Other highlights
Mothers Day
My celebration began Saturday with flowers and greetings from Ethan and Cameo, and flowers and a gift and visit from Nathan, Jessica and the kids on Saturday evening. Doran called on Sunday morning as I drove to church. Church was...well, not gonna do that Relief Society brunch ever again. Afternoon was quiet. Ethan, Cameo and the kids called later. I am enjoying my flowers and finished the craft project Nathan and Jessica gave me. 




Long call from Sharynn on Monday. We hadn't spoken in a long time so it was a lot of catching up. Nice time. 

Dad's new boss seems very nice. He is ready to travel if need be, but the suppliers need to give their okay. 

He trimmed the date palm tree and I hauled out all the fronds to the bulk trash pile on Saturday. It looks much better. 

No comments: