Saturday, January 21, 2023

Week of January 15 - 21, 2023

Spiritual
We enjoyed Ward Conference on Sunday. Sadly, all the adults were together in one meeting so I could not see my primary kiddos. 

We were able to attend the temple this week. I attended an endowment session on Tuesday morning and Dad attended an endowment session on Thursday evening. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 566 records and reviewed 345 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins Family is well. They enjoyed their extra time off taking an adventure to "The Seven Magic Mountains". 


It was so windy but they had a great time! Grace participated in a talent show last week and created the cutest comedy skit with a friend of hers. Absolutely fun and hilarious!

The Ethan Rice Family
This family is doing well.


Wade celebrated the 100th day of school by dressing up. His only comment: "Oh, my aching back!"



The Doran Rice Family
Doran, Amber and the kids had a very busy work and school week. All are healthy and doing well. 

Morgan
No news from Morgan this week. 

Kayty
Kayty had a good week at work. She had a glucose low that left me terrified. I check her often when she is asleep and thought all was well until I heard banging. I went in and she had fallen out of bed and was having seizures, hitting her head on her refrigerator door. I called Dad to help me get her laid down and got some soda down her, but I have not left her for very long the rest of the week. 

The Nathan Rice Family
The girls contacted me via FaceTime a couple of times this week. They are doing well. They have already practiced what to do if the tornado sirens go off (Jessica, you are by far one of the bravest women in the world!!!!! Tornados are most certainly a deal breaker for me). They have a nearby friend who raises goats and the girls were able to go over and visit. They so enjoyed holding the goats. 

Annie said they were so warm and soft. They are doing well in homeschool and enjoying their larger surroundings. We Facetimed a bit on Thursday evening and the girls were trying to put together a gymnasics show for me, since one of the extra bedrooms is now a gymnastics room and they have wonderful tumbling mats. More on that to come later. 

I love still getting FaceTime calls from the girls! 

Dad's Garden
Dad's garden has adored all the rain we have had and we harvested more romaine, chard and collard greens. Our poor little tomatoes are hanging in there with all the cold weather this week and next. Dad started basil in the seed starter in the laundry room. 

Family History: Nano Slides

I am assuming this is a picture of the rental on Almeria in Phoenix, their first home.










 
Other highlights
Lots of rain again started our week. It is rare that I cannot jog one morning for rain, but this week I lost two mornings. Jogging around the living room and family room were not as fun though were much warmer. 

No comments: