Saturday, May 6, 2023

Week of April 30 - May 6, 2023

Spiritual
We enjoyed a wonderful Sacrament Meeting. I helped in Primary while Dad attended the fifth Sunday lesson. He remained for a missionary homecoming talk while I went home and then to choir practice. The rest of the day was pretty quiet. 

We were able to attend the temple this week. I attended an endowment session on Tuesday. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study, and Come Follow Me study continues daily. I completed my second time through listening to General Conference and began my third. 

I have indexed 7912 records and reviewed 10,943 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Grace had a/p exams this week. 

The Ethan Rice Family
Kaylee has been really enjoying softball. She did well in her game during the week and had two games on Saturday. Her team won both games and now comes a tournament. 

The Doran Rice Family
Doran, Amber and family are busy and doing well. 

Morgan
No news from Morgan 

Kayty
Kayty had a good work week. 

The Nathan Rice Family
The girls sent me three precious letters and pictures this week. Emma's was drawn in her favorite color: yellow. Annie is so excited for their summer reading program and she already has a prize in mind. Ellie is doing well and writes so well. On Friday evening, the girls face timed me. Ellie read a book to me. Boy is she doing well on her reading. She has made such progress this year. Annie performed a musical theater song for me that included some dancing and some very good singing. Emma shared two favorite books with me and Eve even said a big smiley Hi! It was wonderful to hear from them. 

Dad's Garden
Tomato plants are dying with a few tomatoes on them. I picked the few green ones and hope they ripen. Another failed crop. Basil is doing well and Dad is ready to clean out winter gardens.
 
Other highlights
Normal week. I did get some bad news. One of my friends from my youth, a year younger than me, was diagnosed in January with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She had three chemotherapy treatments so far. On Tuesday, she fell and hit her head, causing an irreparable brain bleed and she died. Her funeral was today. I would have liked to go but it was pretty far in Mesa. Kaylene was lovely. She looked just like Farrah Faucett back in the day. (If you know past American Idol stuff, she is Brooke White's mom) It just came so quickly. Another reminder for me to make the most of each day. 

No comments: