Saturday, May 20, 2023

Week of May 14 - 20, 2023

Spiritual
We had such a lovely Mother's Day Sacrament Meeting. We have many high school seniors this year and they all participated in the program, from playing the organ and leading the music, to the opening and closing prayers, to four talks, to three special musical numbers. While they did mention their mothers, it was all centered on Christ, and not one ounce of guilt was on us as Moms. We left right after Sacrament since last year's relief society women gathering during the last hour was nothing but me sitting alone while everyone visited with their friends. Our relief society room is very cramped and it was miserable last year so I decided that last year was the final year for me. The men ran primary and I didn't even peek in since I know they did well. 

The family made Mother's Day wonderful this year. I received a lovely bouquet of flowers delivered on Friday plus two lovely texts from Nathan and Jessica and the girls. Cameo texted me first thing and they sent a darling new addition to my Village, plus new pics of the kids. Doran called me early Sunday morning and Amber and Kelsie made the most delicious Mother's Day Breakfast on Saturday. Kayty gave me the cutest card and my favorites: chocolate chips, gum, and an Amazon gift card. Dee got me a new iPad plus he grilled me chicken for lunch. It was a great day. Morgan and Cassie Facetimed me later in the afternoon and gave me a tour of their northern Arizona campsite. Allison sent a sweet MarcoPolo overnight and I even saw the kids. Then on Monday, I FaceTimed with Ethan, Cameo and family and had a wonderful visit. 

We were unable to attend the temple this week due to cleaning shut down.  

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 8657 records and reviewed 12,306 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Final days of school fill the Wilkins life this week. 


The Ethan Rice Family
Kaylee and Wade greeted their Mom for Mother's Day with a homemade breakfast made by them!
Other than a little bug that went through the house, they are doing fine and looking forward to a weekend on the lake.


The Doran Rice Family
Another week of busy work and school for this family.

Morgan
Lots of work plus unusual May rains filled this week. Morgan and Cassie enjoyed a campfire Friday night. 

Kayty
Kayty had a busy and full work week. 

The Nathan Rice Family
Happy Anniversary to Nathan and Jessica on Wednesday. 


Dad's Garden
Citrus fruit is still being picked, plus I also got some basil for a couple of meals. 
 
Other highlights

No comments: