Saturday, October 21, 2023

Week of October 15 - October 21, 2023

Spiritual
We had a good Sunday. Sacrament Meeting included two youth speakers and a young woman leaving to serve a full-time mission in Kentucky. I enjoyed choir practice in the afternoon. 

Dad attended the temple this week with the stake Sunday school presidency.  

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 14,173 records and reviewed 21,643 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
No news from the Wilkins Family this week. 

The Ethan Rice Family
I could Facetime with Kaylee this week as she did her homework. She shared her Halloween costume and accessories with me. Wade stopped in to say hi and is doing well. 

The Doran Rice Family
Amber traveled to Las Vegas for work this week, so Doran was on Dad Duty as well as work duty. He took Kooper to the school carnival on Friday. 

Morgan
Morgan and Cassie are doing well and busy working and taking care of their four dogs. 

Kayty
Kayty had a good work week and sold a few bracelets as well. 

The Nathan Rice Family
The girls face timed with me on Friday. Annie wasn't feeling well. Apparently, an illness has been running through their home this week and she finally was the victim. Ellie lost another tooth right before our call! She is so excited. I also saw Emma and Eve. Their day was spent shopping at a mall and they were settling down to watch a movie. 

Dad's Garden
Dad's garden is doing well. Chard is almost ready to eat. Lots of radishes are growing and with our continuing heat, the basil is doing very well. 
 
Other highlights
Lots and lots of work this week as I packed up Mom's things and got her ready to move. I called her caregiver to let her know I was coming the next day and what I would need. When I arrived, she had nothing that currently fit Mom. I did my best to pack up five tops, and five nightgowns, and she only had available two pairs of pants so I ordered more from Amazon. Elizabeth seemed unclear about things. I did not want to move mom elsewhere. This was Elizabeth's decision. She wanted to return to Hungary. I wished her well after two and a half hours of bagging up tons and tons of clothing and stuff. I was exhausted. I have labeled all her clothing as best as I could and will take it to her new place on Monday. 

Our saguaro succumbed to disease and we were concerned it would fall into the wall adjoining the next community, so Dad sawed off arms on the east side to take the weight off and then cut a wedge in the west side and the cactus fell. So sad. Dad cut the pieces in smaller pieces and we are hoping it dries out so we can put a piece at a time in the trash. 

Saturday, we got the backdrop for my village put up. This year with all the stuff going on with mom, I didn't do a Halloween party and I won't have a ton of time to devote a whole week to putting it up so I will just do it a bit at a time. 



No comments: