Saturday, October 14, 2023

Week of October 8 - October 14, 2023

Spiritual
We attended stake conference on Sunday. There were many great messages shared in the meeting and we enjoyed being there. The rest of Sunday was quiet as usual. 

Dad was able to attend the temple this week. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 13,842 records and reviewed 21,507 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
We visited with Mike, Allison, Grace, Josh, and Sam on Sunday morning before they headed back home. 

The Ethan Rice Family
Monday was a day off for Kaylee and Wade and they spent the day having fun and helping out in the yard. School, sports practices, and games fill the days for the kids. Work is going well for both Ethan and Cameo. 

The Doran Rice Family
Happy Anniversary, Doran and Amber on Wednesday. 

This was Fall Break for Kooper and he enjoyed it. 






Doran spent the week prepping for a young men remote camping trip accessed only by boat. 

Morgan
Morgan is doing well.

Kayty
Kayty had a good week at work and sold a few bracelets during the week. 

The Nathan Rice Family
The girls texted and FadeTimed with me on Wednesday. Annie showed me her new phone and was so excited about everything. Later, Emma facetimed me and showed me the pumpkins that each girl picked and painted. Eve was very proud of hers. Later, Ellie got to speak before she went to bed. That girl has quite the memory! Asked about my green witch decoration and one of the nativity puzzles. She has her Dad's memory!

Dad's Garden
Garden is growing nicely, other than the snap peas, which were eaten by a small creature and needed to be replanted. 
 
Other highlights
I was contacted by Nano's hospice head and he was contacting group homes for me to choose from. I had my first visit on Tuesday. It was a very nice place, fast to get to and within budget. I sent pics to Scott and Sharynn. I still felt I needed to visit one other place. Wednesday I visited another residence, though way out of our budget. I returned to the first location and paid to hold her room. I wished that I had been given some more warning so I could look further but this seems to be a nice alternative without too many other things she doesn't need. 

No comments: