Friday, March 18, 2011

For The Record...

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. I had decorated my house with shamrocks and all that is green (not a real effort: I LOVE green anything!) right after Valentine's Day. I had planned a lovely dinner: corned beef (not mushy and wet, as per Nate's instructions), cabbage salad (nothing boiled and, again, mushy, as per both Dee and Nate's instructions), Irish Soda Bread (always wanted to make this, so I did, knowing that Kayty wouldn't touch it...I cut up Craisins in it, and she is not a fan of anything raisin). Do you sense a theme here?

Anyway, the soda bread came out fantastic. I baked the corned beef in a baking dish, on the bottom of a saucer, since I didn't have a rack that would fit, with water and seasonings...Dee said it was awesome. Cabbage Salad was superb. Nate and Jessica baked pizzas in the late afternoon, so they were not hungry. Leprechaun couldn't come cuz I was busy making a cummerbund and bow tie to match Jessica's dress for prom on Saturday, and writing two papers for my college class...So, No green leprechaun prints, no leprechaun loot of Rolo's or gold kisses or anything. Basically, I did all that, and took no pics...so there is no record. But, let the record show that I did try!

No comments: