Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Dee got no fishy crackers...carbs!
Very last minute...I decided to honor Dr. Seuss this morning...had some extra ham, and TONS of eggs (good chickens!) So, Dee had green eggs and ham (no picture...he left too fast!)

Nate, however, got to sleep in...I had even gotten the ol' Cat In The Hat hat out from my marching band days...He's such a good sport. I added some fishy crackers to his meal by then...no blue ones, though, none in the bag. I loved Dr. Seuss...my favorite characters: thing one and thing two...though I added thing three, thing four, thing five and thing six for my own special story!

 You know, now that I look, I really don't think he was awake! I only made him take a few bites...training breakfast is Strawberry Honey Bunches of Oats with a few dark chocolate chips and almond milk, and sweet Dr. Seuss wouldn't have EVER been able to write a book about all that!

Happy Birthday, and thank you for leaving something timeless. Isn't that what we all want to do: leave something for someone that outlasts us!


2 comments:

The Willeyes said...

You're so fun! I love that...and I LOVE Dr. Seuss :)

Heather said...

I love Dr. Seuss! I love that you celebrated for his birthday! Way cute!