Saturday, December 17, 2022

Week of December 11-December 17, 2022

Spiritual
Sunday was again wonderful. We had two young men speak and the parents of a new family moving into the ward share their thoughts with us. A young woman shared an absolutely beautiful piano solo as well. Primary went well. 

Dad was able to attend an endowment session at the temple on Thursday evening. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 44,162 records and reviewed 81,418 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Busy last week of school for this family! Allison shared this on Thursday evening:
All ready to decorate gingerbread houses with my 30 2nd graders tomorrow.
Wish me luck. 🤣😭


The Ethan Rice Family
Happy Birthday Ethan on Tuesday!
Cameo shared:
"Well, since Saturday already happened, I guess I can spill the beans on why I was crazy on Saturday. This is just a snippet. I was up at 6:00 am so I could have Kaylee at her 7:30 am chorus event that she was singing in. Then Kaylee and I came home, and Ethan Wade and I took turns showering. I folded laundry and packed the four of us. We went to Ace Hardware, put up the huge lighted tree in our front yard, took Wade to a birthday party, Ethan took Kaylee to another chorus event. The four of us met back at our house. We then took the kids to our babysitter for what Ethan thought was a double date with some new friends. He was so wrong! It was a surprise party for Ethan's 40th birthday at Top Golf. And boy was he surprised!. I had spent over a month of planning and I was just trying to make sure it happened. Time was an enemy I was fighting with on Saturday. I think Ethan enjoyed the birthday surprise...It was really nice. Everyone who I thought was going to show up did. Some friends drove 20 minutes to get there, some drove and hour, some drove an hour and a half!! All to be there for Ethan. I can definitely feel the love from all of these people that we have met in Georgia."

How awesome!!





The Doran Rice Family
Doran and Amber continue their busy jobs and the kids enjoyed their last week of school before holiday break. 

Morgan
No news from Morgan

Kayty
Kayty had a good work week and enjoyed her quiet evenings watching crime dramas. 

The Nathan Rice Family
It was a busy week for this family. Nathan worked long hours again this week. He turned in his two weeks notice on Friday. Kind of bittersweet. Emma had her tonsils removed on Tuesday. Her first days of recovery were rough but she enjoyed getting paid for each glass of water she drank. I enjoyed playing with Even here while they were at the hospital.  Nathan figures they owe her about $35. They found a home to rent in Beardon, Arkansas. Seven bedrooms! Nathan competed in the company gingerbread house contest. 


The girls came to play for a little bit on Friday night while Nathan and Jessica went out to eat. 


Dad's Garden
I harvested lots of romaine lettuce as well as many radishes this week. We had to cover his tomato plants to protect them from near freezing temperatures this week. 

Family History Nano Slides

   These are not in order, so we are now back to my young childhood at 4130 W. Tuckey Lane in Phoenix. 






My dad's sister, Aunt Muriel Kew with me and my Dad






 
Other highlights
A picture from our dinner last Saturday evening.



On Tuesday, Dad was able to attend a special dinner out in Scottsdale with a few other employees of Honeywell and two quality vice Presidents. 



On Wednesday, Dad was recognized in a Corporate Meeting for his progress on a project. 



No comments: