Sunday, December 25, 2022

Week of December 18-24, 2022

My email went down on Saturday for some reason so many of the pics I sent from my phone did not come in. I hope to be able to update after publishing with my pictures but I will have to call Century Link....again!


Spiritual
We had stake and high council speakers for church on Sunday. It was unusually interesting and the talks were very good. I shared the final lesson for the Old Testament in Primary with my seven through nine year olds. Later in the evening, I was told I will teach Sunbeams and four year olds with another teacher. I am looking forward to a different lesson approach. Change is good. 

Dee was able to attend the temple this week on Thursday night.  

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 44,678 records and reviewed 82,243 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Last Saturday night, Grace and Allison attended the David Archuleta concert held in Vegas. They had such a great time!


They also took a fun trip to Boulder to enjoy the lights and sites. 

Grace enjoyed a friendmas get together


The Ethan Rice Family
Ethan was in town this week. Cameo's parents arrived safely and everyone has been enjoying this time together. The kids still had a few days of school left and they enjoyed parties and fun. They are so enjoying having Grampy Wade and Gramma Liza visiting. We spoke to them on Christmas Eve and all are excited for Santa's arrival. 

The Doran Rice Family
Happy Birthday, Amber on Sunday!
On Thursday, Doran and Kooper came by. They had asked dad to dome with them to look for somy crystals in the desert. 




They helped Dad take apart the Bridgeport Mill. A belt broke a while back and when Doran took it apart, it seems the last owner never changed the main belt, only a smaller one. It's probably 30 years old. Glad it can be fixed easily. 


Morgan
No news from Morgan

Kayty
Kayty only had to work a few days this week. She helped a lot with the Cookie Party. 


The Nathan Rice Family
On Monday evening, we celebrated Eve's first birthday with the family and Nathan threw a gingerbread house party with gingerbread houses totally of his own creation. It was great fun





























Nathan finished his time at Honeywell this week. He worked and worked and even got in some overtime so all his projects were complete and the team was ready to present to a customer in January. He also won the company Gingerbread House Contest and used his winnings for something special for those remaining at Honeywell. 

Dad's Garden
Doing well. And his new tomato seedlings indoors and doing great too. 

Family History - Nano slides continue





This is a birthday celebration for me - perhaps my first but not sure. In this pic are my mom's stepdad and my grampa, John Dwight Hart, my nano Irma Zelia Pratt Wolf Leiber, Tutu Louise Hart, Uncle John Hart, my Dad and my Aunt Muriel Lucille Kew. The flag is from my Grandmother Etta Lucille Taylor Kew who died. 







 
Other highlights

Christmas Snack and Cookie Party December 23, 2022
Food and family were great and the kids were absolutely wonderful and so thankful! It sure made the year long search for stocking stuffers worth it!









 I had a really nice visit on Christmas Eve with Nano. Elizabeth joined in the coversation and it was very very nice. 

Christmas Eve when you don't have kids at home is something one needs to prepare for. I remember all the busy times in years past, but our day is now very quiet and normal. I did laundry and cleaned the house. Dad worked in the yard and on getting stuff ready to freeze dry. We did go and see the neighborhood north of us luminarios. Went to bed at 8:30. 




No comments: