Monday, January 21, 2008

Bye Bye Green Wall

Well, today I finally threw in the towel! The green wall I had in the family room, the one that just wasn't the right green - this one had blue undertones - the one that was once sponged peach, then yellow, then green, and then almost another green - is no more. I bought paint that matched the other taupe paint in the kitchen and family room (Nathan says it looks like the color of hot cocoa!) and painted all the walls that remained un - cocoaed! Then I covered the cornice box with another fabric...no more grapes! Now, those new chairs from Grandma fit in a little better...at least I hope they do. Anyway, hopefully the questionable comments on my decorating prowess will end. Hey, I decided a year ago that I wasn't that good at decorating, so I didn't pursue classes. Ya gotta give an ol' lady a break!

3 comments:

The Muhlesteins said...

I always thought you had some good decorating skills!

Danyel said...

Mom you have great decorating skills. I just wish some would rub off on me. The walls look great.

the W* family said...

Mom, you have incredible decorating skills! Your living room is awesome... totally magazine-worthy. And I can't wait to see the new walls in the family room. Besides, that's WHY you take classes... to get better. If everyone already knew everything, what would be the point? Being passionate about something is the most important thing.