Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day Dinner



As usual, I went rather crazy on Valentine's Day this year. With our budget being so tight, I wasn't going to do much, but I was able to do quite a bit on just a little. I decided that pizza was a good meal for Valentine's Day: safe and simple. Then, I went crazy. I spent quite a while using scissors cutting pepperoni into heart shapes. I used a red tablecloth I got for two bucks last Christmas to set the table, and paper products I had got half off in years past. I decorated with my old hershey hug and kiss guys and some candy scattered about. We had pizza, salad, and heart shaped brownies for dessert. I gave each some gum/candy, and the evening was great fun!

3 comments:

the W* family said...

Mom, you are too cute! I love your pizza and your table decorations! You always make everything so fun!

The Muhlesteins said...

I love the pepperoni!! I just might have to use that idea!!

Grammy Suzzy said...

Celeste...I would suggest finding a small heart cookie cutter. My family has not stopped teasing me about my craziness...I cut all those hearts one by one (or sometimes two by two) with a small pair of safety scissors! But, the pizza did look cute!