Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finally...My Condition Has A Name

Since my early days of watching Martha Stewart, I would sit in awe at all the lovely dinnerware she had. I heard that she had her own special place to store all of her dishes. At first, I thought this was totally ridiculous! And then, the bug hit me. It began when we married...I had selected the pattern "Affection" by Noritake for our china. I ended up, thanks to moms, with a lovely set of beautiful dishes. Then, a few years later, I so admired my mother in law's Christmas dishes. The next year, I was surprised by my own set for my Christmas gift. My hunger for dishes has only grown, and now I search out every yard sale for dishes. I love to set the table, though my resources are not vast, and I have such a good time. I used to have a closet for my collection that had long ago spilled past the confines of my China cupboards. Then, I lost my closet...so much was rearranged so my dishes could remain inside. I told myself that it was time to stop...no problem, I thought. Then, hubby called me, while I was dutifully driving son to track practice...more dishes. No, I thought...but my mouth did not agree with that thought...and so he got them for me. Now, I don't have the resources to purchase full priced sets, so I only am taken by the extreme bargain, but it seems I cannot stop. I was reading tonight, and saw a blog, referring to my "condition"...yes, I am a dishaholic! Problem is, I don't want to be cured!

1 comment:

Danyel said...

Mom I love coming to your house and getting to see different dishes all the time. My memory is so short it is probably the same 5 different ones but the all look new all the same.