Monday, June 28, 2010

Southwest Spirit?

Me...Suzzy Kew (Q) Rice...born on the 4th of July... love patriotic anything! I just adore red, white, blue...stars and stripes. I have a Christmas Tree dedicated to patriotic...the "playroom" in our home is decorated in all the wonderful patriotic attire I have acquired over the years...the little that is NOT included in that tree. I love to look at small town America...homes decorated with flags, with bunting. Last summer, on my birthday, thanks to two sons who wanted to go mountain biking, we drove to Prescott, Arizona...about 1 hour away. The weather was wonderful, and the best part was house after house decorated for Independence Day. We even got to see some of the parade.
Now, step ahead to this morning. I run, very early, before the sun and its heating rays take all the energy out of me. I run by house after house, homes of stucco with tile roofs. Then, I saw it...an house-typical southwest in style, but there was bunting on their front gate, and a patriotic star in the middle. Now, it really lost something, being that it was not decorating a lovely white siding covered house, but a brown stucco one. Don't know really what to think...but it was a good effort!

4 comments:

Alisa said...

I love it! Sounds like you would be in absolute heaven on a trip to the New England area! I love the old classic beauty homes--they look so old and traditional whether or not they're decorated in patriotic pizazz! Elliott paid the scouts in our ward to set up a flag every Memorial Day, Flag Day AND 4th of July.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! What a great day to be born on! I love the 4th of July! It is one of my favorite holidays! You sound like me, I always want to do everything in red, white and blue. I wanted to do a flower garden in those colors but they had such a good sale at Lowel's. I had to buy pink instead of red and a cool purple instead of blue. I don't even know if they have a blue flower. I have never garden before this year. It is my first time. But I do love my little pink, white and purple flower garden.

Anyways, I have been wanting to come to your blog and thank you for visiting my blog a long time ago. And for following my blog. I saw that you were following my blog and I went to your blog a long time ago. I have a slow internet and I was having problems. And then I got side tracked. But I am glad I remember to go to your blog this time and now I was able to get things to work. Your blog is adorable and I look forward to reading it!

I have been rambling on, I hope there aren't too many mistakes in this comment! I am really bad at English. I always have my husband read my posts before I post them. So be ready to have a lot of typos on the comments I leave you!

Happy 4th of July!

Heather said...

Oh and B.T.W, I love your background on your blog!

Small House said...

Happy Birthday and 4th of July.
I'm a lover of patriotic decor. to!!
WOW...that you wake up and run every morning. It's got to be about 110 by 9:00 a.m. in AZ isn't it??? HAHA
Have a great day.
Sandra