Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sorry...

This is to apologize for my lack of ...well anything! I am now officially "in" over my head! I signed up to take the income tax preparation course with Jackson Hewitt months ago...they called...and, finally, someone is interested in employing me! Albeit, it will be for four months, but every little bit helps! (Especially since hubby is being moved to his "new office location" tomorrow...a trailer in the engineering parking lot...not exactly job security!) Anyway, I am taking the course, and, if I do well, and they have a need, I can be hired. It doesn't cost anything, except for the 25 dollar book...and boy am I glad I bought that! It was getting rough trying to take notes and writing in the "margins" of my computer screen...ha ha...that was a joke, people...feeble as it may be! The "each session will take about an hour" has proven to be quite a myth...yesterday, finishing a lesson and test took over 5 hours! But, I'm not giving up! I may have to cancel a planned November trip to Vegas, but they will see me this month, and in December...and I am SURE Joshy will NOT be disappointed at all!!! So, I trudge on...

Now, I haven't been totally lame...I have baked two loaves of bread every week, dinner is on the table every night, (okay, maybe a Saturday or two we have "encore" meals...but we have leftovers, so it is really using our resources). Christmas ornaments...haven't given up on them, though there is NO way they will be done by Halloween! House is cleaned every day, though some days I just can't get down the hallway. I caught the family scrapbook up to March last Sunday (good Sunday activity...family history work...I had a goal of 2 pages, and I did 6!) Halloween decorations are up, though I have to stop saving ideas on my blog...just won't have time, even for that adorable 2x6 Frankenstein. I have planted lettuce and spinach in the garden and some is already coming up. I planted more sweet peas this morning to replace ones that a grubby little rodent got thru the netting and feasted upon. I have watering duty each day, and it does get done...Chicken duty too: water, feed, clean out dishes, bring out veggie/fruit/grain scraps, gather eggs. I sweep the pool Monday, WEdnesday and Friday (used to be more fun when I came home sweaty from running and got in, then cooled off as I swept. I have cleaned up messes in the front yard from Nathan's Truck Restoration. I pay the bills, watch the calendar for appointments. I am my son's biggest football supporter, which includes not only cheering, but washing ever so stinky clothes, and making sure he has the food he can eat: pasta, low fat, almond milk...a full time job to be a dietitian fora football player with a very sensitive system. I grocery shop for us...and now pick up a few things for Danyel so she can get cheap food. I even have a few dear Sr. friends that I sit and chat with once a week (sadly, this may have to go in January...) Laundry is done and put away every day. I teach the small children at church .... I am assistant chorister...so I get to share the responsibility to teach certain songs, and sing all the wonderful Primary songs...and the sweet wonderful sister that I assist...well, I wish I could be just like her!!!

Well, washing machine is calling me...the vacuum is calling me...so I must go.I am really trying...trying hard to keep up...but this little blog may have to be patient for a bit!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, I could barely get a breath in reading your post! You are supper busy! Hang in there!

I hope you get the job!

The Willeyes said...

You are amazing Suzzy! Hang in there, you're awesome :)