Wednesday, March 23, 2011

LDS Prom

 Each year, there has been set aside, a special dance, held for the youth over age 16, called an LDS Prom. The responsibility for planning, decorating, food, etc. rotates from stake to stake each year. The cost is significantly less, both for attending ($15.00 per person vs. $60.00 per person at Nate's school) and no tuxes necessary(suits and ties) and modest prom dresses are the norm. Music and dancing are clean. They offer refreshments (what Mormon event doesn't) (this year, tamales, chips and salsa, and cupcakes that even Nathan said were amazing!) 
 Modeling my sewing skills!
 
I took off after he left to pick up her corsage and waited at her house for more pictures. The boy's mom rarely gets any photos unless she goes to great efforts. I didn't figure this out until boy number 4!
 







Jessica wanted Nate's cummerbund and tie to match her dress, so I set out and did it! (I am really not a sewing fan!) There was a problem with Jess's original dress, but her mom made her dress from last year work, and match (she and Nate went to the LDS prom last year as well.)

They used my certificate for dinner at Red Devil Italian Restaurant ($20 meal ended up costing $2.00...Nate's limited budget could handle it) and they had great food, and leftovers that Dad sure enjoyed! It was a great night, and, thus, prom is DONE! I received a card in the mail yesterday advertising tuxedos...and I tossed it! Hooray!

No comments: