Saturday, September 3, 2022

Week of August 28 - September 3, 2022

Spiritual
We enjoyed a very nice Sacrament Meeting with wonderful talks and the choir sang. Primary went well and my lesson goals were met. We spent a quiet day studying and I baked some banana bread to take to Mom on her birthday. 

We were able to get appointments to attend the temple this week. I attended a session on Tuesday morning. Dad attended a session on Wednesday evening. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 35,371 records and reviewed 69,064 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Happy 16th birthday, Grace on Tuesday! She had a great day with lots of celebrating in all her classes. 



There was also a surprise party for her during Young men and Young Women. It was a great swim time!! They enjoyed attending Peach Days on Saturday. 

The Ethan Rice Family
Ethan had a short trip this week to Pennsylvania. He returned on Friday and Cameo had the travel trailer loaded and ready for their adventure in Alabama at Jellystone Park Campground. They had to arrive a day late due to Ethan's work obligations but they were excited and ready for all the fun!

The Doran Rice Family
Happy 15th Birthday, Kelsie on Friday. Nathan worked for days to create this cake.


Morgan
Morgan is doing well and enjoying the abundance of elk in the early morning hours. 

Kayty
Kayty had a good and surprisingly shorter work week. She got up, got dressed and went in on Friday only to learn that it was a day off for her! 

Two major saves this week. 

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan had a busy week with work and overtime hours, continued interviews for his security clearance and creating the above birthday cake for Kelsie. There was lots of yummy chocolate cake scraps to snack on and even Eve snuck some. They are doing well, though a few tough days with ear infections. 

Dad's Garden
Seeds have been purchased to plant for our fall/winter garden

Family History Nano Slides

I am pretty sure Scott climbed the ladder on his own and got on the roof to help dad. 

Julie Fink and I on the first day of school. 






First Day of Kindergarten at Grace Brethren School. I hated riding the bus because older kids would tease me and I hated those saddle oxford shoes. 




 
Other highlights
I went and visited Mom for her 87th birthday. I took her a small balloon and some banana applesauce bread to enjoy. She didn't know who I was but I just sat and talked and talked. I had an interesting conversation with Elizabeth her caregiver and Sharynn called me later with the same feeling. Elizabeth told her I was seeking another living arrangement for mom as per the suggestion of the nurse practitioner. That was not the conversation she and I had, and after some figuring out, I spent the morning Tuesday writing a letter to both her and to any medical professional stating that we will not move Mom unless Elizabeth wants to cease business. Elizabeth is wonderful and so attentive to Mom's needs and I love the things she does for her. However, she had a bit of a bad habit of saying cryptic things about her staying or leaving. I don't know if she wants some reaffirmation as to our intention to keep there or if she wants to stop. At this point, I consider her a skilled professional running a business. Mom is paying $3200 per month to be cared for and if Elizabeth wants other arrangements, she needs to treat this like a business and give me three months' definite warning. I KNOW without a doubt that mom will decline significantly if we move her out to a larger facility. She won't get personal care. They cannot. Everyone is understaffed. She will become nasty and mean and will need to be sedated. It will be a horrible circumstance for Mom, so I am holding off that choice as long as I can. Anyway, I hope she enjoyed her birthday. 

Lots of time repackaging food to store more long term. Of course, it was 110 outdoors so that made any inside work a sweat fest. 

This week I also packed up all the pics and items on the living room shelves for the next five months and started Fall Decorating. Didn't want to rush since this is my favorite time of year and I want to soak up every moment. 

Sadly, no opening day for Dove Season and the boys were too busy for a Saturday hunt. Dad took the day off work just in case but nothing happened. It is so sad. Something that has been a part of Dad's life since he was very very little seems to be done. Dad so enjoyed hunting...with his Dad and his Grampa Ethan. He doesn't have a hunting buddy like his Dad had and it's very costly to put into the draw for big game and very few get drawn. I was sad for him. As we get older and there is less and less we looked forward to doing when we were older and not so busy is gone. We just aren't television people so that leaves very little to do.

I did get a lot of work accomplished on my year-long goal of replacing floor trim in the house. We installed the corner pieces in the kitchen and entry, added grout to the void where trim was removed in the kitchen and struggled but finally got the shelf wall floor trim removed. 

Just a small side note for me...we paid off our house in total this week. We had it paid off once but then took out a mortgage for the pool, solar panels, etc. Fifteen years and now it's done. I paid the year of property taxes as soon as the deed of trust marked paid arrived and I will check with the insurance company on Tuesday to get that pulled from our account monthly. 
Not so highlights

No comments: