Sunday, October 29, 2023

Week of October 22 - October 28, 2023

Spiritual
We enjoyed a great Sacrament Meeting and hearing wonderful talks from our primary chorister, her husband, and one of her teenage daughters. Very great talks. The primary was okay as we did a swift primary program practice. Sunday was quiet otherwise. 

Dad was able to attend the temple this week on Friday. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study, and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 14,301 records and reviewed 21,781 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
We were able to watch Sam's primary program on Sunday morning. He did a wonderful job and all the kids sang and spoke very well. 

The Ethan Rice Family
Kaylee and Wade Facetimed with me. Wade gave me a terrifying tour of all their spooky Halloween decorations! Their house looks awesome inside and out. 

The Doran Rice Family
Doran held down the fort and took care of the kids and dogs while Amber traveled to Tucson. 

Morgan
Morgan and Cassie are busy working at a few jobs, Doing well and staying warm. 

Kayty
Kayty had a good week at work and sold some products in her jewelry business. 

The Nathan Rice Family
I Facetimed with the girls a few times this week. Ellie lost another tooth! Hooray!!! Nathan shared awesome news with Dad on Saturday morning: he shot his first Arkansas deer! Used a muzzleloader and hunted near their home. Another Hooray!

Dad's Garden
Picked more radishes for my salad. Chard is doing well and after a ton of protective wire and cloth, many other things are growing. 

 
Other highlights
I went on Monday, hung up all Mom's clothing, and put things in the drawers of her new room. I filled out a ton of paperwork (something I had not done before). She arrived late afternoon and the hospice nurse checked on her both Monday and Tuesday. She was not eating much so they ordered some supplemental nutrition as well as perhaps a pureed diet. I am sure it is such a shock to move from eating one way at one place for many years to suddenly another. I would have a tough time so I am not surprised she is. No more news for the rest of the week. 

I spent the week putting up my village. It took through Saturday but I am pleased it is up. Sadly, as I was cleaning up the styrofoam, all the power went out just in the living room. No, not the village's fault. I run lots of LED Christmas tree lights. Dad is deciding if it was a problem with his initial wiring of the room wall unit. 

Dad did a measuring presentation to his coworkers on Thursday. This was a training and many more want to attend in the future. 

Thanksgiving meal preparations are underway though on a smaller scale. 


No comments: