Saturday, July 31, 2010

The End Of Summer

It has been an "interesting" Summer. Nothing I wanted to do really came to reality. We knew it would be difficult with Nathan playing football ALL Summer long, except for 7 total days. That means we were up at 5:15 (I'm up at 3...but I had to hurry, hurry exercise and run), off to school at 5:30, back home to quickly get my daily work started, leave at 8:30 to get him, and make any stops on the way home, before the Phoenix Oven heated. As it is, we got NO vacation (except for the quick birthday trip Up on Sunday Back on Monday Las Vegas Trip), no camping, no cool weather (except for the last two days...upper 90's is heaven in July!). I ended up getting him No Sports Physical...which means I get to take him to some poor soul after I pick him up from football practice for that...Oh, the smell!!! Kayty was having a hard time with her diabetes, so I am up every few hours all night, every night, checking on her...and that also meant no getting away at all. Also, Kayty had car trouble that led to her engine freezing up, so the entire Summer was spent seeking a car she could afford (Hooray for son Ethan who loaned her is jeep for work, and for son Doran and his wife Danyel, who over and over took her looking, and finally found a car last week!).

And then, there's me. It's been so hot, but there is no excuse for the fact that I haven't even started my Christmas ornaments...I had the pattern last November. I even had a little wood, though I still don't have enough. I just have lost my umph to do it. Then, I have added chicken care and pool brushing to my repertoire daily, so more to do in less time. I have driven and driven. I didn't re-do the pantry shelf I wanted to re-do. And then, I had a shocker: the dental appointment I thought would be a cake cleaning ended up being a "you need a wisdom tooth pulled" one, and that has taken way longer to get over than I ever imagined! I am still in pain, and still having some issues, though the pain is not so severe I cannot relieve it with Ibuprofen. It's just I cannot eat without constantly thinking about what I eat and where it is in my mouth, and if I have to swish with salt water much more, I think I'll puke.

One positive: I have been working on my bread baking skills. I make a loaf every week now, and it even looked almost normal! I even have worked on cinnamon rolls, though that is still a work in progress. I have worked on my Christmas Stocking project for a future grandchild. I have read the Book of Mormon (almost done with time number 4). I have tried many new recipes and have worked on a meal plan, but I never take pics or record the recipes...

So, Nathan starts back to school on Monday. It will be a break for him: he gets to sleep in till 6:30. I will be driving 2 to 3 hours a day, till the time we break down and get Nate a license. Summer is gone for the Rices. Not much fun, but I guess we survived...

Only good thing: Fall is just around the corner, and I LOVE Fall!

No comments: