Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pizza Sunday

We have always loved making pizza. Now, we are not experts by any stretch of the imagination, but we loved making 3 or 4 large rectangular treasures, very often on Sunday...but, it was always during the cooler parts of Autumn, Winter, and early Spring. This is due to the fact that we lovingly call hubby/dad a "power nazi" and we could never turn on the oven after about March 1st.

Then, Suzzy saw a pizza oven on a websight, and though, "Wouldn't that be fun?" The trouble with my ideas is that they rarely require the minimal amount of time I imagine! Therefore the pizza oven that I thought of in June 2009, and thought it would be done in two weeks for the football team party at my house, was completed a few months ago (Okay, it's not totally done! He did finish the rock facia, and just has to stucco. Hey, that's good for hubby dearest...he rarely finishes ANYTHING!) I may have been wrong on how much work it would be, and how long it would take to complete, but I surely wasn't wrong about how much fun it would be!

So, every Sunday (unless we have used it during the week) we fire up that oven when we get home from Church at lunch time, and by 4:30 or so, we are ready for some great pizza. Here are some pics from last night. (These are not high quality photos. I found myself ashamed that I rarely am blogging, while my daughter who is busy with three small children, a busy church calling, sewing, reading with kids, having learning time, etc. takes the time to share the lives of my sweet grandbabies, so I just did my best!)

I usually keep about 8 or so homemade doughs in the freezer, so if you ever are in the mood and want to taste some of the best pizza ever (at least, we think so) come on over!


Nathan's had pepperoni, veggies, and chicken sausage on it.
Sorry honey...I was in a hurry. Dee's pizza was really great...he put fresh basil from our garden on it!

1 comment:

The Willeyes said...

Oh my gosh...that looks delicious. I wish I lived by you :)