Friday, August 27, 2010

Mine Sure Doesn't Look THIS Good!

Blogging, between cleaning and dusting and mopping...saw this awesomeness...
Our tradition is to have Monkey Bread on Christmas Morning, in house resident gift opening, and visiting family gift opening. I started using my own bread dough recipe last year, but this one looks awesome, too...and I am ALWAYS up for trying a new recipe. However, my Monkey Bread NEVER looks this awesome. And surely the dough recipe alone is not the key to this awesomeness!!! Perhaps more time needs to be spent in the presentation (I tend to be a bit on the sleepy side - get to sleep in on Christmas morning, no exercise and no run - or maybe I am still on Tryptophane overload after the yumminess that is my Mom's house on Christmas Eve). Maybe, instead of letting the hungry masses just dump the stuff on a plate, this year I will try to let decadent glaze ooze out of the pan, and maybe add a glaze... What do you think those hungry Rice boys/men will do while I do this? They have NEVER been known for their patience...

1 comment:

CB said...

OOhhhh this looks yummy! I haven't made Monkey Bread in years but with fall coming it makes me want to bake. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Also, I read in a post below that you have had dizziness. I have had that too this summer. It is so hard to deal with. I hope you have yours under control. My dr. gave me some exercises that help.