Tuesday, August 17, 2010

They Never Grow Up

My sons...in fact, all of my kids...have always been best friends with the siblings...of the same gender. (Adulthood has brought friendship that crosses gender...gives me hope for Kayty and Nate). On Friday, Doran was working on another project here, until Nathan brought his KNEX Creation out. He has built this crane entirely on his own, complete with motor. It works...but not enough. First, it was light objects...done well. Then, the objects became heavier and heavier. It is not unusual for me to walk to the pantry and see an apple juice bottle with string wrapped around it...yep...a test weight. If the weight is too heavy, the crane brakes. Yet, that does not stop these men. They rebuild and reinforce...and try again. I guess, as many females have already determined, they never really do grow up!


No comments: