Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tender Mercies

 

I got a sweet message from a very excited, new second grader this morning...So sweet to hear my grandson so very excited about his first day of a new school year, and to think he thought of me...amongst all the wonderful grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins  in his life...to call and share! Again, this sweet boy has a special tie to everyone's spirit...He KNOWS just when a call, or a message is needed! So, the moment from my busy day, was sweet. He LISTENS to the Spirit...and he becomes an instrument in the Savior's hands, to bring joy, to encourage. He reminded me, as I did laundry and baked bread and cleaned and wiped, that my Savior loves me, that He is aware of me, and my needs...and He wants me to feel joy...and He performed His tender mercy through my sweetheart of a grandson.

He is truly aware of us, of our needs. He wants us to grow, so He lets us struggle through challenges, but His love is ever there...to bring us up when we are down, to help us endure when we think we cannot, to love us when we are maybe the most unlovable. And we also need to remember that WE are His hands. Our smile, our greeting, our prayer in behalf of another...are simply the Savior working His tender mercies, through us.

Oh, thank you, sweet wonderful grandbabies, for helping me to see what I sometimes am blind to. Thank you for your hugs, your happiness, the games, the stories, the "nasty snake in the park" (story in a future entry), the hugs, the smiles (Joshy gave me a couple of big smiles...and more half ones...I am gonna get through that tough core and make that little guy love his Grammy!), the bike rides, the walks, the laughter...and the wonderful calls! Tender mercies...they are all around us...we only have to stop and look...

No comments: