Monday, August 23, 2010

Good Things Come Too

After my last diatribe, one might think there are few GOOD things that go on. Yes, life sometimes is not the "dream come true", but we take it in stride, "suck it up" and go on. This weekend, a few good things:

After a week of dizziness, I actually ran a mile Saturday, and could run my three miles this morning. It was 92 at 3am...with 60 percent humidity, but I did it...waited till 4am...it was only 89 then!

Got a new church calling, and my prayers were answered. I had received a call from a member of our ward leadership, wanting to come and visit on Saturday. Grrrr...bad timing, and three days to think, worry, wonder...There was one calling that I just felt I could not handle now, and, after rehearsing my "no I can't speech", I prayed that this would not be what I was called to do. So, worry, rehearse, worry (I just don't want to say "no" to a calling. I KNOW how hard those who work to fill openings in the church organizations work to prayerfully seek inspiration in selecting people...At last, the call was issued, and my prayers were answered: I didn't have to say "No". I am now the Assistant Primary Chorister (help the leader teach and lead music to the children 3 through 12). I have been a chorister many times, so this was no problem. I went in and observed yesterday, ready to start in two weeks. It will be fun...great kids...and LOTS of them!!!

Got my house clean on Saturday night while everyone was gone...Feels so good to begin the Sabbath with a clean house. Although, I must have been tired...Hubby returned from the Saturday Night Youth Dance he disc jockeys and I had crashed on the floor of our room...asleep.

Kayty's Dr. is trying to get her a Continuous Glucose Meter. Now, she says she won't wear it during the day, but if it is possible, I would just love her to wear it at night. If she goes low, an alarm sounds so we can remedy it before she goes into convulsions. It is costly, so we are awaiting insurance approval...Please, Cigna, just this once...be nice!

Got to see Ethan and Cameo last night. It has been AGES since I have seen Ethan...too busy with his new job and Cam has been out of town. We had some extra pizza crusts thawed so they made a couple of pizzas for themselves. We always have extra crusts in the freezer, so Sunday late afternoons are a good time to just drop in and become your own pizza chef!

Counting the days to seeing my Vegas family! Gracie is gonna be 4...It will be, again, a quick trip, but full of love and fun and just good things. And maybe, just maybe...Joshy will smile at Grammy!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Love your post, you will ALWAYS be my favorite Primary Chorister. Should I ever receive the calling, I will be giving you a few phone calls ;)