Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 16 - Februray 22, 2015

Monday - President's Day...for some. Not for Dad, or Ethan, or Cameo, or Amber, or me. I kept checking Kayty and was just concerned that she was sleeping...well, in a way that made me think she would go I checked and checked. Finally at 4 am I gave up, exercised some, and planned to run, when Dee came out, worried about the same thing I was and not able to sleep. He tried, and I finished exercising. He finally gave up and we talked, I prepped for my Kaylee week and he went to work.

My prep consisted of picking up key limes, brushing the pool, picking up the yard, starting a load of white laundry, vacuuming, cleaning counters and doing dishes from the night before, setting up diapers, the table, a shape puzzle, the books we read before her nap, the shape sorter, a Minnie Mouse Bow Shape Match, and getting stuff out for President's Day.

The plan: build with Lincoln Logs, glue popsicle sticks on paper to make a log cabin, and build a pretzel/peanut butter log cabin.

She really had fun with the logs, though she was more interested in the tiny horse and making sure he and Minnie Mouse had a house. We spent the morning playing indoors and outdoors. She absolutely LOVED all the orange juice Papa squeezed for her. I bet she drank 20 ounces of the stuff all day. We tried the pretzel/peanut butter log cabin, but she kept eating the logs after they were installed. I tried to interest her in the supply pile, but nothing doing. She liked gluing the popsicle sticks on the log cabin and putting her Lincoln penny on the paper.

She was quite the busy little busy that she would not take a nap. After two and a half hours of attempt, I gave up. I did get Taco Soup for dinner made.

Dee's day consisted of trying to save all his computer information to another hard drive because Honeywell wants to exchange this one. It was a very slow process. After work, he managed to help Morgan's friend with a car problem, and he enjoyed a couple of good conversations with Nathan. He got the grit blaster all fixed and ready to blast car parts.

Kaylee had more playtime outside and she encouraged me to roll in the grass with her (I had to adjust to make it not such a dizzy experience), play in the sand, and go in the lower courtyard. )

I scrubbed both bathrooms, vacuumed the house, cleaned up dishes and dinner, and ground up a ton of egg shells for Dee.

After Cameo came, Kaylee left and promptly fell asleep (which lasted until after 8 the next morning).

Tuesday - I started with exercise and then got Dee up, made his breakfast, made some cherry pancakes for Kaylee (just pink small round cherry flavor)

got dressed, vacuumed, laundry, weeded a bit, prepared for the day...

Dee went to his morning meeting, squeezed orange juice for Kaylee, worked on emails, met again at Deer Valley Honeywell in the afternoon, plus, he contacted someone who had reserved his great great grandparents names for work in the temple, and they released the names.

Kaylee and I had a good day. She liked the pink pancakes, as long as I had plenty of dip-dip (maple syrup). We made a cherry tree from crumpled tissue paper squares and glue....she LOVES the glue part and is very thorough!

She painted cherries using a wine cork.

We used the red play dough to count cherries on top of the cupcakes.

She had Peanut butter and cherry jam sandwiches, carrot sticks and dip-dip (this time, ranch dressing).

We played in the playroom and I made a bed for her Minnie stuffed animal out of a box.

She fought her nap, but finally gave up....

I had been fighting something in my throat all day...echinacea, garlic, oregano pearls were my main ingestion all day.

After nap, we ate peas, played outdoors and fed chickens and blew bubbles.

After Ethan came, I had dinner ready and then I just felt crummy. Hot bath. Warm clothing. Ibuprofen and an unexpected early bedtime.

Dee had worked on grit blasting some of his truck parts. He wanted to go to the temple to seal those names released, but I just didn't feel up to going. I encouraged him to go...but he stayed home.

Wednesday - I slept in!...till 6 am. No exercising today. I felt better, and still loaded up with echinacea, garlic and oregano pearls. I cleaned up, made breakfast, and got things ready.

Dee headed out to his meetings. Kaylee arrived and we spent the early time here putting felt shapes on the flannel board and playing littlest petshop. She smiled and said her tummy was saying "grrrr", so I hurried and got her apple slices, peanut butter and a few bites of granola bar for breakfast. Our morning was spent playing house with all her Minnie's that she brought, making a play dough flag,

watercoloring a flag star,

 and going to story time at the library. After we got home, Papa was gone to another meeting, so we ate lunch (there were three tries to get something she really wanted), and read books. Naptime and then outside play till Daddy came to get her.

Dee had a great work day, though early morning emails have been taking more time than needed. He made arrangements to alter that situation and things went well. Morgan and his friend Chad brought my pressure canner back...Chad got it anodized at the place he works at.

I made tostado fixings and ended up making Dee's dinner before he went tot he temple and Kayty and I went to mail Nate's meds to him, get gas, and get some LED lights for the kitchen ceiling at Costco.

I vacuumed and cleaned and ended my day. I have had lots of reading time and have made great progress through Psalms this week. Old Testament is not my favorite but I am keeping with it.

Dee enjoyed a good session at the temple in the evening. He came home, greeted me as I fell asleep - this "thing" I have been fighting with every known natural remedy is starting to get me, insead of me getting it!), had some soup and went to bed.

Thursday - Happy Chinese New Year! Year of the Sheep/Ram/Goat

I had a hard time sleeping and was up between 2 and 4 am, but finally got back to sleep. I didn't exercise again...this cold has to scram! I got ready for Kaylee and Dee headed to Safeway for donuts to take to his work meeting. I got Kayty up for small task!

Kaylee arrived early, so we started our Chinese New Year fun. We made a sheep, and we colored,
and we painted. (Photos missing due to memory stick missing from camera.)

Dee had a good day and received his annual review and a raise in the coming months.

Kaylee was kind of subdued all day. We went outdoors, but she just sat in the sand, and in the yard.

She took a great nap and then we got ready and met Mommy at the dentist. Kaylee did great (though she was a bit skeptical about the man in the checkered pants - the dentist) She and Mommy went home and I returned to Dee working on his grit blaster preparing parts for painting. I cut up bags of tomatoes and froze them to make sauce this weekend. Dee went to the temple and I cleaned up and ran a few errands.

Kayty went to Dave and Buster's with someone she met on Tinder...and came home alive! ;)

Long night with a terribly runny nose. I took sedated...big mistake. I could have run a marathon in the middle of the night!!!

Friday - I didn't sleep much, though the couch was my best friend. Elevated head meant I could somewhat breath. I didn't feel worse, which was all I could say.

Kaylee came and wanted to play outdoors. We did some Chinese dot pictures first...

And then she helped Papa pick and squeeze orange juice for her...

Nano came and we played in the sand while she visited.

We went in and decorated a Chinese drum. Papa made some veggie Chinese for her, but she would not have any!

Nano left. Kaylee took a noon! I should have known something was off. Our afternoon was filled with snuggles and a feverish little girl. Daddy came to rescue her...she was so glad to see Ethan!
Cameo had a fever too and was home showering and heading to bed.

The nicest thing was seeing pictures and a video from Amber. Doran and Kelsie went to a Daddy Daughter Dance (this must be something everyone is doing....except our ward, that is). She looked so happy and I was just so doggone happy that Doran made her night so special! Doran, I am so proud of you!!!

Saturday - I was not exercising to assist in an early recovery, though it was not working. Again, a night of coughing, and no worse feeling, but no better. I did set out to work on those bags of cut up tomatoes. I cooked them for a bit, processed them through my strainer on my Kitchenaid, and let the sauce sit. The juice and solids separated after a few hours, and Dee siphoned off the clear liquid for him to drink, and I proceeded to can the tomato sauce. I ended up with 12 pints by the end of the evening.

I also dusted...and coughed...and vacuumed...and coughed...and laundered...and coughed...and got ahold of my nursery leaders to let them know I would not be at church on Sunday. Missing nursery would be ok, though I was sad about missing choir and singing in Sacrament meeting.

Dee worked on sifting sand for the grit blaster, and had to run to Harbor Freight, aka Heaven, to get a new hood for him to blast with and not be covered with sand. He had a productive day, getting many parts ready for painting, locating items that have been acquired over the years for the truck, and cleaning up the porch. He talked with Nate about some pretty awesome target shooting.

Cameo was in bed all day, barely able to get up and eat. Ethan took Kaylee to the doctor and she had double ear infections and a throat infection! She never complained about her ears...poor kiddo!

Again, I could do nothing, so he went out and got us a veggie sub from Subway (that was the absolute highlight of my day!) and we watched some old Indian vs. the US Cavalry movie.

My bible reading completed Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon.

Sunday - Another night of coughing. Got up, read Isaiah, Sat around. Dee and Kayty each headed to church. I did some prepping for the weeks ahead. I did find some over the counter mucous medication and I tried that to see if it would help my lungs.

I had Kayty's dinner ready: a spicy rice and chicken one pot meal, and a great salad for Dee when they arrived home. Dee had much to share from ward conference. Sounds like I missed a good meeting, but I am not remembering much of what he said now, other than our bishop emphasized that we are not to be seeking the praise and awards of the world.

That's about all...cough...cough...

No comments: