Sunday, December 25, 2016

Week of December 19 - 25, 2016


Dad and I attended the Wednesday evening session at the Phoenix Temple. It was wonderful!

I have indexed 51115 records so far this year. I have gotten into a "groove" with Oregon marriage records. I end up recording many names per record, which accomplishes a lot for others: husband, wife, husbands parents, wife's parents, birth dates and locations, etc.

I am beginning 4th Nephi this week. I have read part of the January Ensign magazine and finally made headway on my "theme" for my goals next year, thanks to Gordon B. Hinckley.


The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins Family enjoyed their week off school. They went to see Santa and decorated cookies on Tuesday. Popcorn balls were on the agenda for Wednesday, and Thursday, Mike was to take the kids to see an amazing light display in Henderson. Allison created a beautiful dress for Grace.
 Merry Christmas from the Wilkins Family
 Allison, Adam and Grace participated in the ward choir for their Christmas presentation during Sacrament Meeting.

The Ethan Rice Family
This family is doing well. Got this pic late Monday night...
On Thursday, Cameo started running a fever and is now on meds for mastitis. So sorry Cameo!
Got some more cute pics of Wade during the week...Thanks so much, Cameo!

The Doran Rice Family
This family had a very busy and tiring week...they shopped till the wee hours of the morning and worked all day, plus taking care of those puppies. We saw them on Thursday as we helped deliver a nice bed gifted to Kelsie from Christy. Kooper and I had fun looking at the neighbors' Christmas lights and just running after one another.

Morgan and Christy are doing well. They have located a larger, first floor apartment in the same complex and will be moving there in March. Morgan had a shortened work week, but still was very busy, and helped a friend of Christy's who is very ill repair their car.

Kayty worked, got a cool blanket from her employer to go with the cool soup bowl (while Dad works for a multinational corporation and gets NOTHING...not one stinkin thing...not even a bite of ham! Anyway, she was thrilled.She exchanged gifts with a few friends and had a nice potluck meal on Thursday and took mashed potatoes (my homemade with butter, cream and cream cheese).

Total saves this week: 1 major

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan and Jessica called with a wonderful surprise on Wednesday morning: Annalee is going to be a big sister! Hooray!!! Grandchild #10 is on the way late summer/early Fall. They are staying warm in the -4 degree temperatures and enjoying the break from school. On a good day, Nathan took the car and got an alignment done.Sunday church was cancelled: too much snow!

Dad worked on his vacation days...trying to get his work phone to allow emails to come through, answering computer emails, and even taking a required training course. I guess them taking away his vacation days for the future was not really that much of a change for us, since he has worked some nearly every day this last vacation burn up time. He also substituted an 8th grade afternoon reading and social studies class,and a third grade.

Dad's Garden
I picked a ton of lettuce, chard, spinach, and washed and cut in up so Dad could have salad ready to eat. Tomato seedlings are growing well.

Citrus continues to come on, as well as the peas are slowly growing.The rain this week has been such a blessing...

Garden is just soaking it up!

Other highlights
 New washing machine arrived on Monday...

Delivery guy was a worthless creeper...and I told Home Depot about it. No help whatsoever.
My jogging week was filled with Christmas lights (though no new ones on Monday), heavy knit hat and mittens on Monday, no hat or mittens and not even a hoodie on Wednesday, a rain poncho on Thursday, and that long sleeved shirt on Friday.

Merry Christmas 2016
 Christmas was much more challenging with family spread across the country, but we are so thankful for FaceTime and Facebook so that we could keep in touch and witness some of the fun!

Christmas Eve
 Dad grilled chicken early, since it was raining all day. Came out perfect...

Nathan, Jessica and Annalee shared their gifts from us and opened them via FaceTime. It was fun!

Nathan's machine shop project became Dad's Christmas gift: a fly tying set up. I am also enjoying the book they got for me about Mary, Jesus and Motherhood.
I had planned on seeing the neighborhood luminarios but the rain all day made for too wet conditions for that. We did end up watching "Its A Wonderful Life" which eliminated my pouty attitude and helped me see all the wonderful things in my life!

And the traditional 'before' pictures...

Christmas Day
I started texting with Cameo early Sunday morning. She was busy finishing the Monkey Bread and taking pics of Wade...

I did some indexing and then got ready for church.
We had a wonderful Sacrament meeting full of music. 
After church, we came home, changed and loaded up to visit at Doran and Amber's house. 
 Papa made this easel for Kooper

Morgan and Doran made Dad this awesome knife from a railroad spike! This included heating the spike and hammering and hammering and hammering till it shone and then sharpening it. Dad loves it! I received a gift card and I am heading to Amazon asap!
We returned home, made a salad and then headed to Grandma Dorrie's for Christmas Dinner

We ate yummy chicken parmesan, cauliflower and cheese, salad, corn, garlic bread and cookies for dessert. We opened gifts and also got to FaceTime with Nathan, Jessica and Annalee, and Kaylee, Ethan, Cameo and Wade.

We came home and opened our gifts...

A suit and two ties from Kayty for Dad

Sees Nuts and Chews, an electric blanket for the car, and two pieces for my village from kayty

From Kayty, she added to the Grinch Ville she started at my birthday with the two houses on the right.
And Dad got me 'Toots Model Train Factory"...a piece I had wanted and got for a great deal on ebay.

Not so highlights
Dad finally figured out the actual part needed to fix my washing machine...only 30 bucks! So I was really bummed I had to come up with $800 instead of a $100 fix. Money has been very tight and I really liked my washing machine as it was. And the parts company should have told us about the sensor!

No comments: