Saturday, September 30, 2017

Week of September 24 - 30, 2017

Highlights:

Spiritual
We had a good Sunday. Fast and testimony meeting was very inspiring, and Dee and I substituted in the nursery for the rest of the time. We had a quiet Sunday evening.

Cub Scout Pack meeting was good this week and our den received lots of awards for things we had been working on for months.

I got my letter mailed to Jessie at the Women's Prison. My visiting teachers came on Wednesday and our home teacher came on Thursday. I also texted my last visiting teaching sister in Flagstaff on Thursday and updated her on ward happenings, and she updated me on her life.

General Conference was great on Saturday. Dad attended priesthood session at our stake center.

I am in 3 Nephi 11 in the Book of Mormon.

I have indexed 29406 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins had a great week. Josh started with a special event for him: "It's great to be Eight" and learned about his baptism coming up in December.
Grace also spoke at this special event and did a fabulous job!
The Ethan Rice Family
Ethan and Kaylee spent last Saturday building shelves for the basement. They came out really nice and he is continuing to make more.



I got to FaceTime and see how well Wadey walks and gets around, and also chat with Kaylee, watch her climbing and balancing skills, and watch her do her homework.
Wade got to have a dumdum after his spaghetti dinner.

The Doran Rice Family
We remembered Charles' on Monday. He celebrated his 10th angel birthday. Doran had a good week at work and even got a raise. The kids are doing well and Kooper is doing great in preschool.

Morgan
Morgan is working very hard at work. Christy helped us get some Humalog from a neighbor.

Kayty
Kayty is working hard at work and getting lots of overtime in.

Three lows this week, two major with seizures. I didn't think I was going to get her saved the second major low.

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan continues doing well in school and working. He was asked to join an Engineering Honor Society, Tau Beta Pi. Jessica keeps her little girls happy and healthy and they get to see each other as often as they can.

Dad's Garden
He is readying to plant his starts, though the weather heated up this week. He did get seeds planted on Saturday: beets, turnips, carrots. Snow peas are starting to sprout up, so we covered them with bird netting.

Year of the House Part 2
Our stone was delivered and installed on Monday and it came out great. Dad termite treated the wall and then poured concrete to fill the drain area on Tuesday.




He hurt his back so the rest of the week was on hold. Next week, he will caulk the wall bases, sand the drywall tape, paint on a sealer called Red Guard, and hopefully have Wade Wallin come over to create the shower pan with cement.


Other highlights
Weather still cool in the morning, though the air conditioning had to come back on.

My annual check up marathon is done. Mamogram on Friday. All other tests came back good. My meds finally came late Friday night, delivered to the wrong house, as usual.

I made two batches of prickly pear jelly this week. Both jelled and all jars sealed, which is a minor miracle.

Shopped with Nano this week, or, rather, shopped for Nano. I drove to her house, got her list and money, drove back home to pick up frozen hamburgers I got her earlier in the week, shopped for her, returned to her house, put all things away, ran her car for about ten minutes to charge the battery, and then came home.

I got the Halloween decorations put up. I left some in the boxes, and when it's cooler, I might just donate the stuff I haven't used to Deseret Industries. I don't decorate the bathroom anymore and other places I put decorations are not available. Everything still looks good.

Thanksgiving plans have blossomed into a great time. Ethan, Cameo, Kaylee and Wade fly here the day before Thanksgiving. Nathan, Jessica, Annalee and Elisabeth fly in Thanksgiving Day. Dinner here is at 2 pm. We will have the meal, sand volleyball, the playground and lots of fun. We will have cake and ice cream for Wade's first birthday. Nathan and family will get Nano's car and return home late Saturday or Sunday. Ethan will vacation here all week, and will head to Las Vegas Friday to visit with Allison and family. We will drive up to Vegas Saturday morning, attend Josh's baptism, and then turn around and return home. Ethan and Cameo will also return to Phoenix Saturday. Sunday, they fly back to Atlanta.

Not so highlights
Kayty's glucose lows are so scary. I am praying for Dad, since he will be the guy in charge for a week while I travel to Idaho to visit Nathan and Jessica. Please remember Kayty in your prayers.


This blog will not publish next Saturday, since I will not be in town, but hopefully will publish on the next Tuesday or Wednesday. 

No comments: