Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Week of October 1 - 7, 2017

Highlights:

Spiritual
We so enjoyed watching General Conference on Sunday morning and afternoon. While I started Conference without any questions to seek an answer to, two talks spoke to my heart on Sunday morning and made me more aware of something I really need to work on. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows what I need to learn. Right as the Afternoon session was about to begin, we learned that Elder Robert D. Hales had passed away an hour or so earlier. We were told earlier in the week that he had been hospitalized and would not be attending conference sessions. Elder Russell M. Nelson, president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, left the morning session as soon as it was over, and was at the hospital with Elder Hales and his wife and family as he passed. Elder Hales has always been a strong fighter. He spoke at our stake conference in 2010 and his lessons from the scriptures have always stuck with me. I remember the last General Conference we attended, when Nathan was still in high school, and Elder Hales spoke, but seemed ill then. I told Nathan I feared that was his final General Conference, but he got better and spoke for years with great power. He was such a blessing to have on the earth.

Dad attended the temple four times while I was gone.

Prior to leaving, I have indexed 29706 records so far this year.

I have continued reading the Book of Mormon every day but did not note where I was on Saturday.

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins had a great General Conference Sunday, with cinnamon rolls and a great puzzle...
Later in the week, Allison shared:
Grace and Josh have 1/2 days at school every Friday, so we've been taking advantage of this gorgeous weather here the past several weeks by having picnics and playing at the park until it's time to pick up Adam. My kiddos are dirty, barefoot and giggling like crazy. I love it.
They later made Mummy Pizzas and had a "Hocus Pocus" movie night...one of my favorites!


The Ethan Rice Family
Ethan, Cameo, Kaylee and Wade went to a Fall Festival at Southern Belle Farm on Sunday. They had a wonderful time feeding the chickens, goats and a horse (Wade wasn't so fond of the goats and horse just yet) and had a great time!






















Wade celebrated his 10 month birthday with some yummy snacks...
I saw that oreos were his dessert, followed by a very animated little boy who did not want to go to bed!

They attended their ward campout on Friday and Saturday












The Doran Rice Family
This family had a good week and headed up north for the weekend. A traffic accident caused a detour, but it ended up being a great fishing day for Kooper! Five fish!!



Morgan
Morgan had a very successful weekend fishing experience.

Kayty
Kayty worked all week. Dad kept her alive. The first day was rugged, but Kayty cooperated and dad got better and better at knowing the signs of her lows. She worked all week as much extra as she could.

The Nathan Rice Family
Between Conference Sessions on Sunday, they drove to see the Autumn leaves. Annalee woke up Sunday excited that Grammy was coming this week to visit. Since both Lorrie and I are Grammy, I sure hope she's not disappointed it's me!

I arrived at Mesa Airport early...nearly the only one there...and had a wonderful flight! I truly prefer Allegiant over Frontier Airlines. Jessica was videoing while Anna and I first saw each other. She was apprehensive, but warmed up right away. Here are pics from my days there thru Saturday...

Wednesday
Annalee "cooking" for me


Annalee loves holding her baby sister, Elisabeth.



 Thursday
Lunch in Ellie's swing

Exhausted college student. He can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. 
















 Went to the neighborhood park












We visited the machine shop at BYU-Idaho

 Friday




 Saturday

 We went to a pumpkin patch in Idaho Falls. It was crazy windy!



Anna's first pumpkin selection


Anna's second pumpkin 





A huge play box of field corn. Her boots were full of corn!




 We got a train ride.
Jessica and Ellie


 Grammy watched the girls while Nathan and Jessica went out on a much needed date.



Dad's Garden
Dad and I worked early and late and got the plastic down, and dad planted all his starts. Everything seems to be doing well, though the local quail seem to love dads carrot as soon as they sprout.

Year of the House Part 2
Dad spent a lot of time applying Red Guard to the walls and preparing to pour the concrete corner seat.

Other highlights
With all the wonderful photos everyone shared this week, there isn't much else to say.


No comments: