Saturday, January 27, 2018

Week of January 21 - 27, 2018

Highlights:

Spiritual
It was a very busy Sunday. We had a great Sacrament Meeting, with talks focused on Self Reliance in preparation for a fireside at church next Sunday evening. I helped again in the primary class my cubs are in. They are learning the most beautiful song in sharing time to sing in Sacrament Meeting in March. The words are:

Teach Me About the Temple (From the album “Lift Your Mind Higher”)
Words and music by Lynne Perry Christofferson
I see the light of the temple at night.
As it shines, it reminds me
I must prepare if I hope to go there,
but I need someone to guide me.
(Chorus)
Please teach me about the temple.
Please show me how to prepare.
Then all of my life I will try
to be worthy to enter there.
Please teach me about the temple.
I want to know so that someday I may go.

I see the light of the temple at night,
and its glow is a symbol
helping me think of the safety and peace
that come from the holy temple.
(Repeat chorus)
I want to claim the blessings that lie in store.
I want to go beyond the door.
(Repeat chorus)
It was the perfect thing to share with my prison sister, Jessica, so I found the sheet music and also the story about why it was written. I felt very blessed since I don't get much information while I help in Primary to send to her, and this was like a gift. I had a meeting to help train the two new Webelo leaders soon after church. Dad had Young Men's Leadership Meeting after that. I had choir after that. Dad went home teaching after that. We just ate when we could.

My Wednesday cub scout meeting went pretty well...only three boys there and it was easier to keep them on task. Dad had a great boy scout planning meeting.

I have indexed 3235 records so far this year.

I am in 3 Nephi  6 in the Book of Mormon.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Wilkins had a great Sunday! Sam love being in Primary and he has the best teacher: Sister Cable!! He loves to sing "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam" and "I Am A Child of God". Grace gave a wonderful talk in primary on The Plan of Salvation and is so excited to enter Young Women's Program in September when she is 12. She already has her first activity marked on her calendar. Her room is painted and looks amazing, and Allison got her the most adorable octopus to hang her bags on. She has a great cork board already hung.

The Ethan Rice Family
Illness hit Kaylee and Wade this week. Fevers, doctor visits, rest, lots of fluids and lots of snuggles filled the days. They seemed a bit better on Friday evening and I was blessed to be able to FaceTime with Ethan, Kaylee and Wade. Kaylee was snuggling with Ethan while Wade was climbing on cars and throwing or kicking an orange. He still has a 102 fever that comes down with Tylenol but Kaylee's fever seemed to be over. 

The Doran Rice Family
Doran, Amber and family are busy but well.

Morgan
We saw Morgan on Monday. He and Kyle came by to borrow the engine hoist so Kyle's truck could have an engine and they could have transportation, since Kyle's vehicle was totaled in the accident that was not their fault. He got the engine in on Thursday and brought the hoist back on Friday evening.

Kayty
Kayty found out on Wednesday that her job would end in a week. Kind of disappointed in such short notice. She has been applying for jobs over the last weeks since we knew her job would end soon, but we were thinking end of February. 

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan spends many hours at school. The electronics class he needs to take, well, the school changed it up prior to the semester. Much more challenging and really tough math that is keeping him studying at school very very late. I did get to FaceTime on Saturday with Anna and Ellie. Ellie had her immunizations the day before as well as a check up. She is doing well and is the happiest little girl. She only seems to give up that adorable smile when she is hungry, and boy does she talk when she is hungry. She is getting around the house now. Anna is a great helper every Saturday as it is Nate and Jessica's church calling to make sure the church building is clean. Both Nate and Jess are very busy with school, but are learning a lot!

Dad's Garden
Peas still being harvested every other day. Dad's peppers are doing well and he is slicing, dehydrating, and powdering. 

Year of the House Part 2
Boy did we work this week. We started putting up tile in the shower. It is still a learning process in all ways, but we are getting the hang of it.

Other highlights
Great jogs, walks and hikes this week. On our Friday hike, we met a nice couple who are visiting out here from Ohio for a week. Dad told them how to drive the Apache Trail and they were so nice. I was glad Dad said hi as we walked.

Nano shopping included a big WalMart shop and then some bill paying for her.

Not so highlights
On Monday, Dad brought in a huge, dirty Napa Cabbage from the garden and left it on the counter, saying he would cut it up later. I waited an hour, and after finding dirt near my clean dishes, I angrily cut the darn thing up, hauled the inedible parts out to the chickens, made him a cabbage salad for snack, and set out to soak the silly white beans he wanted for dinner. (I had taco salad on the menu and that is what Kayty was getting). I had to dig through the pantry to find the can of navy beans, and the can was stuck in a sea of thick honey. I was disgusted! I was just going to ignore, but my crazy clean heart couldn't, so I set out to remove every item till I discovered where the honey was coming from. We have some honey we purchased very early in our marriage, or maybe even Dad got before we were married. It's been stored in gallon glass or plastic jars there forever. Well, I enlisted some help from dad since the jars were firmly stuck in the sticky, thick stuff. I heated wet rags and then we would apply and soak a bit, and he would get the jars off. Turns out, since honey lasts forever, it was good, but it had turned to sugar, and that process caused the honey to expand and leak out of the jars all over. He took some out of each jar once we got the lids off, and then we replaced. I cleaned the shelves, reorganized things, and it is now, after a few hours of work, much much nicer. I wasn't thrilled when I first saw the mess, but it just took some work. Dad's beans came out to his liking, along with the corn bread with corn meal from his garden. 

No comments: