Sunday, January 5, 2020

Week of January 1 - 4, 2020

Highlights:
Happy 2020!

Spiritual
Dad attended sessions at the temple on Thursday and Saturday night.

I am reading and studying my Book of Mormon daily, both for Come Follow Me and for my personal favorite study.

I have indexed 243 records and reviewed 1723 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins Family continues to work hard and press on in this challenging time. The kids are a great support and are doing well, and we are so very thankful for Joshua's miraculous healing. He is now able to be much more active.

The Ethan Rice Family
Here are some pics from Ethan, Cameo, Kaylee and Wade's Christmas and Birthday adventure to Great Wolf Lodge.



















And Kaylee's birthday celebration when they arrived home.




The Doran Rice Family
Work went well for Doran and Amber, but apparently, the beauty school that colored Kelsie's hair was not up to cleanliness standards. Yep, head lice for this family.


Morgan
Morgan was blessed to be staying with Kyle when the lice epidemic came.

Kayty
Kayty worked a TON of overtime this week, including Saturday, and fought off the illness I have. She is sucking down elderberry gummies like they are candy, which she says they taste like. 

The Nathan Rice Family
Some sniffles and runny noses but a basically good week for this family.

Dad's Garden
Dad continues to plant tomatoes. This year, they have been placed in formerly unused garden beds that would be easy to keep warm if the weather becomes colder. Peas are growing well. Spinach is doing well too. 

Other highlights
It was quite a week! It seems my powering through the Christmas tree on Monday led to me getting pretty doggone sick. It settled in my lungs and I would be up numerous times each night in coughing fits. Lots of ginger herb tea were ingested. Lots of Walgreen's brand AirBorn. I learned by Wednesday that stopping every few hours and covering up with a blanket and taking a nap were necessary. I was able to cook and clean, but the village was left untouched.

Nano had an unusual sore appear which led to days and days of trying to get her new doctors set up. It just happened to occur when we were changing from one insurance plan to another. Many phone calls. Lots of help from Sharynn. Hopefully, that part is set up and the doctor can visit next Monday. I was still sick, so I didn't dare go near mom or the other ladies, so dad delivered the check and worked on Mom's computer on Friday.

Friday night, after my shower, I was cold, so I lit a prepared fire in the fireplace and went and finished a couple of dishes left in the sink. No more than four minutes later, I returned to a smoke-filled living room. ( I didn't know Dad closes the flue between uses.) Thus set up the next two hours of each of us holding fans and opening up the whole house trying to get the five-foot layer of smoke out. So much for congested lungs and feeling cold. My house smells awful! I will need to wipe each and every piece of my village down with alcohol before packing it away next week. Saturday I scrubbed the rock on the fireplace, cleaned all the furniture, and baking soda-d the rug, let it sit for an hour and then vacuumed. It still smells like a campfire. We also aired out the house and the rest smelled better...except for the living room. 





No comments: