Sunday, January 12, 2020

Week of January 5 - 11, 2020

Highlights:

Spiritual
Sunday was great with an inspiring Fast and Testimony Meeting and a great lesson in Sunday School as we began our study of the Book of Mormon.

Dad attended sessions at the temple on Wednesday and Thursday nights

I continue to listen to a General Conference talk every morning. While I am on my fourth time through listening, I learn something new every time I hear these talks. I am given the perfect message for the challenges I have for that day.  I also read the Book of Mormon daily and I am so enjoying including the Come Follow Me lessons as I study...especially the Book of Mormon videos included.

I have indexed 706 records and reviewed 4992 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins Family is doing well. There are ups and downs, as usual, but they are strong and are working together. Mike and Allison continue to work at night, and it is such a blessing to once again have two working cars. School is going well and they are enjoying time together on Saturdays.

The Ethan Rice Family
We face timed a few times this week as Ethan helped us try to fix my jeep that keeps killing car batteries. Happy Birthday, Cameo on Tuesday!

 Cameo celebrated her birthday...and Kaylee's last day of Winter Break...at Woody's Jump and Play.





The Doran Rice Family
The lice hunt continued all week. In addition, someone hurt Kelsie at school on Thursday, which caused a lot of heartaches and a serious-looking contusion. They came by Saturday to get a palm tree removed from our date palm tree and we celebrated Kooper's sixth birthday.











Morgan
No news from Morgan this week.

Kayty
Kayty had a good week with an hour of overtime each day. She is busy selling items on Poshmark.

The Nathan Rice Family
Nathan, Jessica and the girls are doing well. We saw them for a few minutes as Nathan came by to get his wheelbarrow from our back yard. 

Dad's Garden
Snow peas are blossoming...finally! Tomatoes have survived cooler weather and dad will plant the rest next week. Our citrus trees are full of fruit!!! Dad can't keep up eating so we are going to need to give some away. Doran and Amber took some home on Saturday.

Other highlights
It was a very busy week for us! I was blessed to feel well enough to get the entire village packed up and taken down, and then everything neatly and safely packed away in my hut. I double-locked the door and now will only visit periodically. I spent the week trying to air out the room, which included Dad getting the dust off the big shelf in a most creative way...

Nano loves her new home visit medical team! I am so thankful that Sharynn helped get this worked out. She gets expert care and her caregiver can express concerns directly to the nurses.

By Friday, everything was cleaned and dusted and vacuumed over and over. The campfire smell remains, though not nearly as strong. I need to decide if the curtains need to be replaced. As for the rest, I am not really interested in repainting so it is what it is.

I so enjoyed the last few houses with Christmas lights up as I ran this week. Each day, the numbers decreased, but I sure did love it while it was.

Now that Christmas and the decor is finally down, I need to get back to the normal things: banking, organizing and donating, and hopefully back to the temple now that my coughing has subsided.




Not so highlights

No comments: