Saturday, November 20, 2021

Week of November 14-November 20, 2021

Highlights:

Spiritual
We watched some of our Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and then watched the Primary Program for Anna and Ellie. They did such a great job. What a blessing it has been to be able to see grandkids in the primary programs this year!









This was the last week of temple operation for the Phoenix Temple for a few months. They are shutting down for some repairs and won't open till late January. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 21,373 records and reviewed 104,771 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
Grace was able to attend the Fall Sports Banquet and was given awards and her varsity letter for tennis. So proud of her!



The Ethan Rice Family
Ethan, Cameo, Kaylee and Wade flew across the country on Friday and arrived in Phoenix at 8 am, which was already a LONG day for them. Original plans were for them to stay with us Friday night and go back and forth, but Dad is still at the resting and recovering stage of Covid and he sleeps weird hours. So thankful they can stay with Wade and Liz. 

The Doran Rice Family
No news from Doran and Amber this week. Dad feels crummy and only talks on the phone when one of the numerous well-meaning folks gives him another cure for COVID.

Morgan
Morgan is well.

Kayty
Kayty is still getting through her cold, but it hasn't interfered with work or even some overtime. 

The Nathan Rice Family
There is a lot going on with Nathan and Jessica and the girls. Baby girl Rice is trying to come a little too early, so Jessica is trying to get as much rest as she can while keeping the twosome of Ellie and Emma from taking over the world...or at least the house. Ellie is still struggling with scabs from her surgery, but chocolate milk and mac and cheese have helped a lot. Annie had a good week at school, though was very upset her recess was missed on Thursday due to doctor appointments. No recess certainly can ruin a day!

Dad's Garden
With Dad sick, I am struggling to keep chickens alive and plants watered. It is what it is. 

Other highlights
My jogs have gotten longer and longer each day. I did see my first Christmas lights this week. Always such a wonderful site!

I did remember to look up when I got home on Friday and saw a bit of the lunar eclipse. 


Not so highlights
Just a Dad update. In my case of Covid, I had to do laundry, decorate a living room and Christmas tree. So, while I had a fever for a few days, but day 4 I was healed. I haven't got my sense of smell totally back but I do smell many things. Dad, on the other hand, got sleep, He rested. I have gotten him anything and everything he needed. I got a new humidifier. A doctor in our ward gave him meds. (the prednisone was crazy on him) He sleeps about 12 hours a night and sits in a chair a lot. His main problem is pickiness. He doesn't like the taste or texture of something so he refuses to eat it. It has been very very challenging. He would be done with this if he would eat. Anyway, I am still able to keep up with the Thanksgiving Preparation Schedule and am on course. I learned how to get the turkey out of the oven, drain all the drippings on my own, carve it, put it in pans in broth and seal up and put in the freezer, and then boil bones for bone broth. Saturday was gravy day and cranberry sauce day. I have a big day Monday. 

No comments: