Sunday, August 27, 2023

Week of August 20 - August 26, 2023

Spiritual
We enjoyed a wonderful homecoming talk from a sister missionary in our ward. She had served in the Yakima Washington Mission and shared many awesome experiences. We were a bit shocked as they announced that our ward and two other wards would undergo a realignment next Sunday evening at 6 p.m. Our ward is not terribly big and I don't understand what is going to happen. Plus, four weeks before a Primary Program. I won't get to tell any of the kids being moved goodbye either as the changes take effect the next week. Not the first time but I sure hope it's nearly the last time. 

Dee attended a session at the temple on Friday. 

My daily morning foundation of General Conference talk(s), prayer, scripture study and Come Follow Me study continues each day. 

I have indexed 12,537 records and reviewed 19,283 records so far this year.

Family

The Wilkins Family
The Wilkins Family shared dinner with their ward missionaries. Hurricane Hillary sent some rain to Vegas, but not enough to cancel school on Monday.

The Ethan Rice Family
Lots of work, school, softball practice, and Lacrosse practice PLUS Wade has a very loose front tooth!

The Doran Rice Family
Doran is so enjoying his new job, except the long commute is not a favorite. Amber is doing well. Kelsie and Kooper like school. 

Morgan
Morgan spent last week very sick so all that was needed to be done then was rescheduled for this week. 

Kayty
Kayty had a good week at work. She was also approved to have her own Poshmark selling show and she has tried a few. 

The Nathan Rice Family
I spoke with the girls during the week. School is going well and they love it. They were planning to celebrate Ellie's sixth birthday on Saturday, complete with a Gabbycat cake. I am sure it will be beautiful and tasty. 

Dad's Garden
Picked some basil this week and it still is surviving. Our younger chickens have finally moved to the safer pen Nathan built years ago. It sure was a struggle but they are now going in on their own when it is dark. Dad built them a roost to sit on and they seem to like that too. 


Other highlights
I visited Nano on Tuesday. I will not be able to visit her next week on her birthday so I got her a card and gift and went for a visit. She was the least responsive I have ever seen her. I can usually talk with her and get her to smile but not this time. She just sat and had no expression. I continued to visit, sharing about all the family, read her card to her, and then went home. 

No comments: