Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Adam and His Special Gift


I just adore my grandbabies (kinda couldn't tell, could ya' :)) Though each is far away, they do so much for me. Last night was a perfect example. It had been a particularly difficult day, after a trying and challenging weekend, after a LONG week. Tensions are often running high, due to so many many things occurring simultaneously. I found myself yesterday pouring my heart out to my Mom (good ol' mom...always there to listen!) and even shed a tear or two on my sweetheart's shoulder, and as I transported my football player. No one told me this "Mom" thing got harder as they got older! Anyway, I was feeling just wiped by the evening, when I heard the familiar sound of a text message waiting for me on my cell phone. And, who do you think it was from??? You got it, my dear sweet Adam. He and I talked back and forth about witches and he tried to prove their lack of reality while I tried to encourage him to see if he could see one! Bath time came and he returned, sending me the sweet picture of the Ghost Cookies they had made. The most wonderful thing, though, was not the call, nor the laughter I let out when I saw his pictorial proof that witches are not real - and I swear I hadn't laughed in just days!, but the fact that this sweet, wonderful, brilliant six year old always seems to know just the right time to contact me...better than I know it myself. He knows just when Grammy needs a hug across the miles, and his text messages are those life giving hugs that just turn me from a lost soul to a very positive, very happy, and very hopeful person. He was special when he was sent to this earth...miracle after miracle brought him here alive, and kept him alive. And though he may seem very practical and intellectual, he listens to the Still Small Voice. He follows the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and reminds me, time and time again, that I have a Heavenly Father who truly is aware of me and my struggles, and, while He cannot take them away, knows just the message I need, and who that message needs to come from, to take the sadness, the doubt, and the exhaustion away. Thank you, dear sweet wonderful Adam...for making me laugh, for making me smile, for loving me 19,000,000, and for listening!

No comments: