Monday, October 26, 2009

A Day In The Kitchen

I had planned to do so much...I knew that dinner would be a new recipe I found in a magazine...Mushroom Barley Soup. So, what happened between taking Morgan to work, stopping at WalMart for gum, shortening, and latex gloves, stopping at Safeway for mushrooms and the rest of the day was purely by happenstance. You see, there was this new ground turkey product...came in a 1 lb. chub, and already seasoned (either mexican or Italian) I had to get one of each...and then, decided that Nate's "burrito casserole" as he calls it (Mexican Lasagna) could be prepped and frozen today for cooking later in the week. So, I got home, started the dryer, made the sauce, the beans (a la Church Cannery) and made two casseroles...one for this week, and one for next month. Then, I started my roll dough in my bread machine (a new soup might go down just that much better with homemade rolls). Then, I thought about how much kiddos liked the chocolate chip cookies (and, heck, I added half whole wheat flour to the mix, so it was almost nourishing!) Then started the soup...all ready, with hot rolls when hubby walked in the door! So, now, before I take off to get my football player, I have made 16 whole wheat rolls, two lasagnas, one batch of soup (that will provide numerous lunches as well), six dozen cookies! Phew...Thank goodness I do love to cook!!! Now, I did find this recipe for a pear crumble....but, I think the crew here will burst if I try that one tonight!

1 comment:

Danyel said...

I love to be in the Kitchen. I can only think how big Doran would get if I didnt work, Had a bigger kitchen, and money to buy all the food I could ever want.

Sounds like you had fun and if you want some more recipies you can freeze let me know.