Thursday, May 27, 2010

Earth Day with the Glendale College Music Department

Originally, Kayty called me on the phone one morning, said that a group of kids were going to separate trash early on April 22nd, and asked, since they were trying to be energy conscious and not use any power, etc. if the group of them, with a college professor, could camp out in the back yard. I thought...foolishly..."Heck, how hard could it be? They are trying to use no power, it will be just going to sleep and waking up...not like a group of kids or anything." So, I agreed. Ohhh, Suzzy, Suzzy, you silly thing! They did come, and I believe they intended to just go to sleep...but, first they say Kayty's life sized Jenga, then our piano in the living room, then the playground with very new sand, and...well, suffice it to say, my playground toys have now been used by a college professor, and sweet hubby had to go into my living room at nearly 1:00 am and kindly invite them back for another time of piano playing. Dee is soooo diplomatic. I was very sleepy, and, I am afraid, I would not have said anything so nice!

No comments: