Friday, December 9, 2011

Handel's Messiah

Last night was the performance of Handel's Messiah by Grand Canyon University combine choirs with 2 other community college choirs and numerous high school choirs. It was to be over 500 voices. AND it was accompanied by the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra. All I can say is: AWESOME.

I have learned that music touches my heart in a special way. I feel the Lord near when I hear music, whether it is the Stake Conference children's choir in LasVegas that Adam was able to be in, or this glorious group of aspiring, and true professionals. Last night was a tearful, spiritual treat for all...but especially ME!


I had to use Dee's camera...and I really tried to hold steady...but it was really cold!





If you go about 1/2 inch over from the left, toward the center  of that side, you will see a bright pink dot...that is Kayty's head. 






During the "Hallelujah Chorus"...it was totally awesome!!!





Standing ovation! And well deserved. 

No comments: